Windows 8 and the Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:07:33+00:00

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my GraphicPal 0806 tablet to work at all in windows 8.  I've tried all the tricks I can think of, and have tried both the Win 8 specific drivers and the older drivers available on their website.  In the best case scenario so far the following happens:

  1. The HWTablet control panel loads successfully but finds no tablet.
  2. The tablet is recognised by Win 8 in Devices & Printers as "Tablet" but does not appear to use the driver from the installer.
  3. It does not operate the mouse pointer and is not recognised in any other software (e.g. Photoshop).

This worked fine in my old Windows 7 install and also still works fine in Mountain Lion on my laptop.

I've tried to contact hanvon/hanwang directly for help but their support email address bounces with a mailbox full error, a problem I cannot see disappearing any time soon as it's been a month now.

So to summarise, it appears to be a Windows 8 specific driver issue, there are windows 8 drivers available but I cannot discover if they have worked for anyone else.... both google and bing foo eludes me. :D

Can anyone here offer advice that isn't "Go and buy a Wacom"?

Thanks,

Paul

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-01T19:55:15+00:00

I had received an email fromHanvon/Hanwang that GraphicPal 0806 is not supported under Win8 because in the new drivers for Win8 they did not include the old chip set.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-17T14:01:47+00:00

    Did you uninstall other drivers before installing new driver?

     

    Q3. When should I try a new driver? And what should I do when install the driver?

    The latest driver may help you solve following problems:

    1. Tablet acts abnormally, for not being recognized by computer or not react to pen.
    2. Tablet doesn’t work with dual-monitor computer well.
    3. Graphics application is no longer compatible with pen, in another words, you can’t use pressure sensitivity feature of pen in graphics application.
    4. Tablet stops working because of computer operating system updating.

    Users must uninstall all previous tablet drivers before install new one:

    1. Uninstall all previous drivers of other tablet models including Hanvon brand and other company brands, and then restart the computer.
    2. Quit all antivirus programs and Install new driver. Then restart your computer again.

    Q6. Can I plug tablet to computer when installing tablet driver?

    No. Tablet driver needs to be installed without tablet connected.  Make sure restarting your computer after driver installation, and then plug tablet in.

     

     

     

     This a Hanvon Issue.  Please contact Hanvon Tech Support for further assistance.

    http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/tablets/contact.html

    There were no other drivers to uninstall.  It was a clean install of windows.  Also you cannot contact Hanvon for assistance as their email is broken.

    Can I assume from your reply that it works for you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-17T21:17:04+00:00

    Can I assume from your reply that it works for you?

    No, I do not have the problem or GraphicsPal.  As I stated previously, this is an issue for Hanvon not Microsoft Community.  The email address I listed earlier for their Tech Support division is valid.

    Verify email address:

    Copy and paste it into your email message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-17T23:32:31+00:00

    I had another computer with a clean win8 installation, never installed GraphicsPal before. 

    I installed the driver, and the HV does not allow to proceed if the HWTablet is not connected, so while the installation above seemed valid, it does not apply to this software.

    I rebooted after the installation as instructed.

    The Hanvon Tablet v.3.3.0 (on the website for Win8) gives the same message: "Not Find HanWang Tablet".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-18T01:23:02+00:00

    The information I provided regarding the installation came from the manufacturer's FAQ page.

    When you say clean installation, did you install Windows 8 with the option to keep your files, etc?

    If so, the old drivers would be on the system and need to be uninstalled first.

    You can install a driver manually

    http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-install-hardware-or-device-drivers-manually-in-windows-vista/

    Contact Hanvon TechSupport and let them know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments