Windows 8 and the Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:07:33+00:00

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my GraphicPal 0806 tablet to work at all in windows 8.  I've tried all the tricks I can think of, and have tried both the Win 8 specific drivers and the older drivers available on their website.  In the best case scenario so far the following happens:

  1. The HWTablet control panel loads successfully but finds no tablet.
  2. The tablet is recognised by Win 8 in Devices & Printers as "Tablet" but does not appear to use the driver from the installer.
  3. It does not operate the mouse pointer and is not recognised in any other software (e.g. Photoshop).

This worked fine in my old Windows 7 install and also still works fine in Mountain Lion on my laptop.

I've tried to contact hanvon/hanwang directly for help but their support email address bounces with a mailbox full error, a problem I cannot see disappearing any time soon as it's been a month now.

So to summarise, it appears to be a Windows 8 specific driver issue, there are windows 8 drivers available but I cannot discover if they have worked for anyone else.... both google and bing foo eludes me. :D

Can anyone here offer advice that isn't "Go and buy a Wacom"?

Thanks,

Paul

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-01T19:55:15+00:00

I had received an email fromHanvon/Hanwang that GraphicPal 0806 is not supported under Win8 because in the new drivers for Win8 they did not include the old chip set.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-05T12:43:24+00:00

    I have bought it over 2 years ago and my exact model is: hanvon gp0806 so I presume it is the one in this thread isn't ?

    all I did was: download->unzip->right click on setup.exe->run it as a admin-> reboot my pc-> connect tablet to the usb port-> ENJOY!

    ( I did uninstall the previous driver I have tried which I found on their website under this section: Graphic Tablet Driver for Windows 2.5.7 (for Art Master, GraphicPal, Rollick, Painting Master, WL0604) but it didn't work, neither the one for 'SenTIP 1201WD Driver For Windows 3.3.0 (support WIN8)'. the only one that is working is the one listed as Tablet Driver 3.5.0 for Win. DIRECT LINK: http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/tablets/download/Tablet%20Driver%203.5.0%20for%20Win.zip )

    screen-shot of HW tablet app running with quick pressure test running under win8.1 pro (PL) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2zUe1z-JrkIRzJrSUxhV3d6X3M/edit?usp=sharing

    I reckon you may need to try a bit harder to install it but for me it was an easy fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-29T12:32:20+00:00

    I tried everything! Nothing works. Not for windows 7 and 8. Only XP LOLLLL.  It has long been bought WACOM. And all OKAY!!!! Hanvon is BAD company and tech supp.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-22T18:35:58+00:00

    I can also confirm that the "driver_win_tablet3.7.0" -> (the tablet driver!) works perfectly with Hanvon Art Master AM0806 on Windows 10. Don't install anything before and only when the installer ask for it plug the GraphicPal in the USB-Port and restart your System. The LED flashes every few seconds but it works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-16T04:43:16+00:00

    Hi guys! You can find the new version that support the Hanvon Graphipal 0806 on the chinese manufacturer website: http://download.hw99.com/hanwang/Tablet/Drivers/WIN/Tablet391.zip

    It runs very well with Windows 10 x64 and Photoshop CC 2015.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments