Windows 8 and the Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:07:33+00:00

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my GraphicPal 0806 tablet to work at all in windows 8.  I've tried all the tricks I can think of, and have tried both the Win 8 specific drivers and the older drivers available on their website.  In the best case scenario so far the following happens:

  1. The HWTablet control panel loads successfully but finds no tablet.
  2. The tablet is recognised by Win 8 in Devices & Printers as "Tablet" but does not appear to use the driver from the installer.
  3. It does not operate the mouse pointer and is not recognised in any other software (e.g. Photoshop).

This worked fine in my old Windows 7 install and also still works fine in Mountain Lion on my laptop.

I've tried to contact hanvon/hanwang directly for help but their support email address bounces with a mailbox full error, a problem I cannot see disappearing any time soon as it's been a month now.

So to summarise, it appears to be a Windows 8 specific driver issue, there are windows 8 drivers available but I cannot discover if they have worked for anyone else.... both google and bing foo eludes me. :D

Can anyone here offer advice that isn't "Go and buy a Wacom"?

Thanks,

Paul

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-01T19:55:15+00:00

I had received an email fromHanvon/Hanwang that GraphicPal 0806 is not supported under Win8 because in the new drivers for Win8 they did not include the old chip set.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-17T14:01:47+00:00

    Did you uninstall other drivers before installing new driver?

     

    Q3. When should I try a new driver? And what should I do when install the driver?

    The latest driver may help you solve following problems:

    1. Tablet acts abnormally, for not being recognized by computer or not react to pen.
    2. Tablet doesn’t work with dual-monitor computer well.
    3. Graphics application is no longer compatible with pen, in another words, you can’t use pressure sensitivity feature of pen in graphics application.
    4. Tablet stops working because of computer operating system updating.

    Users must uninstall all previous tablet drivers before install new one:

    1. Uninstall all previous drivers of other tablet models including Hanvon brand and other company brands, and then restart the computer.
    2. Quit all antivirus programs and Install new driver. Then restart your computer again.

    Q6. Can I plug tablet to computer when installing tablet driver?

    No. Tablet driver needs to be installed without tablet connected.  Make sure restarting your computer after driver installation, and then plug tablet in.

     

     

     

     This a Hanvon Issue.  Please contact Hanvon Tech Support for further assistance.

    http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/tablets/contact.html

    There were no other drivers to uninstall.  It was a clean install of windows.  Also you cannot contact Hanvon for assistance as their email is broken.

    Can I assume from your reply that it works for you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-17T01:37:28+00:00

    Did you uninstall other drivers before installing new driver?

    Q3. When should I try a new driver? And what should I do when install the driver?

    The latest driver may help you solve following problems:

    1. Tablet acts abnormally, for not being recognized by computer or not react to pen.
    2. Tablet doesn’t work with dual-monitor computer well.
    3. Graphics application is no longer compatible with pen, in another words, you can’t use pressure sensitivity feature of pen in graphics application.
    4. Tablet stops working because of computer operating system updating.

    Users must uninstall all previous tablet drivers before install new one:

    1. Uninstall all previous drivers of other tablet models including Hanvon brand and other company brands, and then restart the computer.
    2. Quit all antivirus programs and Install new driver. Then restart your computer again.

    Q6. Can I plug tablet to computer when installing tablet driver?

    No. Tablet driver needs to be installed without tablet connected.  Make sure restarting your computer after driver installation, and then plug tablet in.

     This a Hanvon Issue.  Please contact Hanvon Tech Support for further assistance.

    http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/tablets/contact.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-17T00:39:10+00:00

    If Hanvon has developed a driver that works, it would work...the issue is that their "windows 8" driver does not work.

    Exactly, I was just hoping somebody in the wider community would know of some trick I wasn't aware of or had gone through some arcane procedure (with or without the requisite sharp knives and live chickens) to coax it to life.

    Of course, this has been helpful in one way, validation that I'm not alone in having this issue with their supposed "Windows 8" driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-17T00:07:13+00:00

    The Windows Compatibility Center lists thousands of the most popular apps and devices to help you easily identify what will or won't work with various versions of Windows. You can use the site to get links to driver downloads and software updates, as well as view what other users have to say about product compatibility.

    How is the product compatibility determined?

    To determine product compatibility status for the Windows Compatibility Center, we consider the following:

    • The product has passed Windows certification requirements and received a logo, which indicates it has met Microsoft testing requirements for compatibility with either Windows 8, Windows RT and/or Windows 7.
    • The app publisher or device manufacturer stated this products works with Windows 8, Windows RT and/or Windows 7. Please note that these products have not undergone certification tests and may or may not be fully supported by the manufacturer. You should visit the manufacturer’s website for more information.
    • Windows 8 is designed with compatibility in mind. If an app or device ran on Windows 7, our goal is that it should run on Windows 8. During Windows development, we test most of the popular products and we are providing compatibility statements based on this testing. For products we have not tested, compatibility statements for Windows 8 are being provided based on the product's compatibility status for Windows 7.

    We also take your feedback into account and make updates accordingly so don’t forget to vote. Since compatibility status can change, please check back for updates.

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/FAQ?Length=12

    Look here for compatible driver

    http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments