I had received an email fromHanvon/Hanwang that GraphicPal 0806 is not supported under Win8 because in the new drivers for Win8 they did not include the old chip set.
Windows 8 and the Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806
Hi,
I'm struggling to get my GraphicPal 0806 tablet to work at all in windows 8. I've tried all the tricks I can think of, and have tried both the Win 8 specific drivers and the older drivers available on their website. In the best case scenario so far the following happens:
- The HWTablet control panel loads successfully but finds no tablet.
- The tablet is recognised by Win 8 in Devices & Printers as "Tablet" but does not appear to use the driver from the installer.
- It does not operate the mouse pointer and is not recognised in any other software (e.g. Photoshop).
This worked fine in my old Windows 7 install and also still works fine in Mountain Lion on my laptop.
I've tried to contact hanvon/hanwang directly for help but their support email address bounces with a mailbox full error, a problem I cannot see disappearing any time soon as it's been a month now.
So to summarise, it appears to be a Windows 8 specific driver issue, there are windows 8 drivers available but I cannot discover if they have worked for anyone else.... both google and bing foo eludes me. :D
Can anyone here offer advice that isn't "Go and buy a Wacom"?
Thanks,
Paul
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-01-18T21:35:52+00:00 Their inbox is swamped. "maildrop: maildir over quota."
Until they answer or delete some of the received mails, you're mail will not be accepted. Mailboxes are allowed xxx amount of received e-mail at one given point in time.
-
Anonymous
2013-01-18T09:49:12+00:00 Hi,
The technical support email address for hanvon is **NOT** valid:
======================================================
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.hanwang.com.cn.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
抱歉, 系统无法将邮件投递到如下地址, 已放弃继续发送.
to inbox
maildrop: maildir over quota.
--- Enclosed is a copy of the message. 附上原始邮件拷贝.
======================================================
A mailbox can be 'invalid' for more reasons than simply not existing. The box is clearly not monitored and has thus died under it's own load. I'm rather familiar with qmail and pretty much all unix mta's.
I have however got a dialogue going with technical support via their sales department (******@hanwang.com.cn). Their support guys are providing information, so hopefully I'll have positive news for the other people with this issue soon; and you can be damn sure I'll post a fairly detailed working solution as soon as I have one. I can only hope that the solution will work for more people than just me!
Paul
P.S. Smittychat: I get the feeling you're not quite getting the same meaning from my emails that I am intending to put across. I am painfully aware of the importance of clean installs, and that this is not a microsoft problem, repeating the same mantra is not really helping. In my first post I mentioned the fact that hanwang do not have a valid tech support address? Existence does not include, necessarily, validity.
-
Anonymous
2013-01-18T03:35:43+00:00 Would you detail how you "successfully" installed on Windows 8?
-
Anonymous
2013-01-18T02:58:44+00:00 Driver 2.5.7 does not work, but driver for Win 8 works on my GraphicPal0806. The interface does not look good, but the price is reasonable.