Windows 8 and the Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:07:33+00:00

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my GraphicPal 0806 tablet to work at all in windows 8.  I've tried all the tricks I can think of, and have tried both the Win 8 specific drivers and the older drivers available on their website.  In the best case scenario so far the following happens:

  1. The HWTablet control panel loads successfully but finds no tablet.
  2. The tablet is recognised by Win 8 in Devices & Printers as "Tablet" but does not appear to use the driver from the installer.
  3. It does not operate the mouse pointer and is not recognised in any other software (e.g. Photoshop).

This worked fine in my old Windows 7 install and also still works fine in Mountain Lion on my laptop.

I've tried to contact hanvon/hanwang directly for help but their support email address bounces with a mailbox full error, a problem I cannot see disappearing any time soon as it's been a month now.

So to summarise, it appears to be a Windows 8 specific driver issue, there are windows 8 drivers available but I cannot discover if they have worked for anyone else.... both google and bing foo eludes me. :D

Can anyone here offer advice that isn't "Go and buy a Wacom"?

Thanks,

Paul

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-01T19:55:15+00:00

I had received an email fromHanvon/Hanwang that GraphicPal 0806 is not supported under Win8 because in the new drivers for Win8 they did not include the old chip set.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-13T23:10:54+00:00

    Have you tried installing the driver in clean boot, Safe Mode with Networking or compatibility mode?

    Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

    HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/80cae5ee-dc98-4a2f-8284-a1ab826059b7

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-12T07:47:50+00:00

    well, I guess  I'm in the same boat....:(

    it just doesn't work in Win8...

    Efra

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-03T18:31:18+00:00

    I wrote to Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806 asking for support. 

    I have tried every possible combination, driver, update, reboot, reinstall...nothing. I think they don't just have the right driver out there.

    Tom

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-01T21:18:17+00:00

    Excellent, so there's two of us.  It's not just particular to me.  Good, that's another data point.  I'm hunting for a solution on and off still and I will post here should I find one.  Please do the same if you happen to resolve it (or give up!)

    Thanks,

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments