Windows 8 and the Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:07:33+00:00

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my GraphicPal 0806 tablet to work at all in windows 8.  I've tried all the tricks I can think of, and have tried both the Win 8 specific drivers and the older drivers available on their website.  In the best case scenario so far the following happens:

  1. The HWTablet control panel loads successfully but finds no tablet.
  2. The tablet is recognised by Win 8 in Devices & Printers as "Tablet" but does not appear to use the driver from the installer.
  3. It does not operate the mouse pointer and is not recognised in any other software (e.g. Photoshop).

This worked fine in my old Windows 7 install and also still works fine in Mountain Lion on my laptop.

I've tried to contact hanvon/hanwang directly for help but their support email address bounces with a mailbox full error, a problem I cannot see disappearing any time soon as it's been a month now.

So to summarise, it appears to be a Windows 8 specific driver issue, there are windows 8 drivers available but I cannot discover if they have worked for anyone else.... both google and bing foo eludes me. :D

Can anyone here offer advice that isn't "Go and buy a Wacom"?

Thanks,

Paul

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-01T19:55:15+00:00

I had received an email fromHanvon/Hanwang that GraphicPal 0806 is not supported under Win8 because in the new drivers for Win8 they did not include the old chip set.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-16T23:53:16+00:00

    tried all that, does not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-16T23:53:04+00:00

    Honestly the compatibility center only means that someone took the time to test it. If Hanvon has developed a driver that works, it would work...the issue is that their "windows 8" driver does not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-14T01:43:37+00:00

    It's not listed in  compatibility center

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-14T00:57:12+00:00

    Yes I have, I have also done the following which is a windows 8 specific thing:

    1. Rebooted using Charms->Settings->Change PC Settings->General->Advanced Start Up and from there rebooting to allow unsigned drivers etc. etc.
    2. Installed from there in compatibility mode as administrator.

    I really have tried every trick I know.  My opinion has solidified somewhat from the various installs and reinstalls I've performed:

    • That it is more than likely a Hanvon driver related fault and not a MS/Windows problem.
    • That I am unlikely to ever receive any form of support or successful contact with Hanvon themselves.
    • That I should probably take the advice I said I didn't want, and go buy a product from a company that will provide support.  E.g. Wacom.

    Thanks for the advice.  I'll be keeping an eye on the hanvon page every now and again and if I spot a newer driver I'll be trying it.

    If there's any information required that may be helpful please ask.  I'm very familiar with windows.  If there are registry entries or driver details that may assist in diagnosing this just ask and I'm happy to provide info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments