Windows 8 and the Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:07:33+00:00

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my GraphicPal 0806 tablet to work at all in windows 8.  I've tried all the tricks I can think of, and have tried both the Win 8 specific drivers and the older drivers available on their website.  In the best case scenario so far the following happens:

  1. The HWTablet control panel loads successfully but finds no tablet.
  2. The tablet is recognised by Win 8 in Devices & Printers as "Tablet" but does not appear to use the driver from the installer.
  3. It does not operate the mouse pointer and is not recognised in any other software (e.g. Photoshop).

This worked fine in my old Windows 7 install and also still works fine in Mountain Lion on my laptop.

I've tried to contact hanvon/hanwang directly for help but their support email address bounces with a mailbox full error, a problem I cannot see disappearing any time soon as it's been a month now.

So to summarise, it appears to be a Windows 8 specific driver issue, there are windows 8 drivers available but I cannot discover if they have worked for anyone else.... both google and bing foo eludes me. :D

Can anyone here offer advice that isn't "Go and buy a Wacom"?

Thanks,

Paul

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-01T19:55:15+00:00

I had received an email fromHanvon/Hanwang that GraphicPal 0806 is not supported under Win8 because in the new drivers for Win8 they did not include the old chip set.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-01T20:10:27+00:00

    Thank you Tom, for updating us.  Sorry it couldn't be done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-03T02:37:38+00:00

    Installing drivers from CD using compatibility mode may work for some irregardless of the fact it does not work for others.

    Not all systems have the same softwares installed.........e.g. anti-virus, third-party imaging software, etc...

    Antagonistic, no

    Factual, yes

    Post count means nothing.

    We have a Windows Forum here.  Maybe you might consider putting your Tech Support know how to work.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-02T21:11:01+00:00

    Ah no.  Because the drivers don't work.

    In my post dated January 13, 2013,

    It's not listed in compatibility center

    This should have been checked before upgrading to Windows 8

    ArtoOlyr, said:  "Driver 2.5.7 does not work, but driver for Win 8 works on my GraphicPal0806"

    Would you mind detailing how you got the Windows 8 driver to work for your GraphicsPal0806 for these members?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-02T12:11:36+00:00

    Correct. I asked them to explicitly state support or lack thereof on both the product and the download page. I doubt there will but it made me feel less impotent!  

    As for older drivers I had no luck with either the older win 7 drivers or the ones that came on the CD in the box. Feel free to experiment but I'm fairly good with tech support and I got nowhere.

    The only good news is the mac drivers work on all flavours of OSX flawlessly including mountain lion. So I can still use the product but only on my mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments