Windows 8 and the Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:07:33+00:00

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my GraphicPal 0806 tablet to work at all in windows 8.  I've tried all the tricks I can think of, and have tried both the Win 8 specific drivers and the older drivers available on their website.  In the best case scenario so far the following happens:

  1. The HWTablet control panel loads successfully but finds no tablet.
  2. The tablet is recognised by Win 8 in Devices & Printers as "Tablet" but does not appear to use the driver from the installer.
  3. It does not operate the mouse pointer and is not recognised in any other software (e.g. Photoshop).

This worked fine in my old Windows 7 install and also still works fine in Mountain Lion on my laptop.

I've tried to contact hanvon/hanwang directly for help but their support email address bounces with a mailbox full error, a problem I cannot see disappearing any time soon as it's been a month now.

So to summarise, it appears to be a Windows 8 specific driver issue, there are windows 8 drivers available but I cannot discover if they have worked for anyone else.... both google and bing foo eludes me. :D

Can anyone here offer advice that isn't "Go and buy a Wacom"?

Thanks,

Paul

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-01T19:55:15+00:00

I had received an email fromHanvon/Hanwang that GraphicPal 0806 is not supported under Win8 because in the new drivers for Win8 they did not include the old chip set.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-27T21:19:49+00:00

    guess I'll join you in the same boat can't run mine eather

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-19T00:04:45+00:00

    Posting this for completeness, no advice needed; let's leave this with Hanvon and have this thread as a reference point for others should I get this working.  Written from the point of view of having the drivers installed yet broken and doing a reinstall of drivers downloaded again from the site.

    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

    1. Task Manager->Services (Or services.msc)

    1.1) Stop HW Tablet Service (called "HWSuperPowerTablet")

    1.2) Ensure TabletInputService is set to start automatically (called "TabletInputService" or "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service")

    1.3) Uninstall HWTablet software using "Control Panel->Programs and Features"

    1.4) Check HWTablet software has gone from Control Panel and Services

    1.5) Reboot

    1. Ensure aforementioned "TabletInputService" is running, oddly it was back at "Manual (Trigger Start) for Startup Type.

    2.1) Noticed that "Devices and Printers" had picked up the Hanvon as "Tablet" again.  This probably explains why TabletInputService was running despite being magically back to "Manual (Trigger Start)".

    2.2) Right clicked Tablet, selected Remove Device.

    2.3) Rebooted

    2.3a) Made tea, drank tea and played Sonic. :D

    1. Installed Artmaster_win_driver_3.3.0_20121025.exe, run as administrator.

    3.1) Device appeared back in "Devices and Printers" again as "Tablet".

    3.2) Right click, properties Hardware tab... shows up as two "HID-compliant device" and one "USB Input Device".  No indication of it using anything other than default windows drivers, selecting each Device Function then Properties->Drivers shows a Microsoft driver being in use.

    3.3) General Tab shows:

    Manufacturer: Unavailable

    Model: Tablet

    Model number: Unavailable

    Categories: Input device

    Description: Unavailable

    3.4) Load HW Tablet control panel app.  Click "Mapping".  Error "Not Find  HanWang Tablet".

    3.5) Checked services, both TabletInputService and HWSuperPowerTablet are running.

    3.6) Reboot

    1. Still broken. Pout. Play more sonic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-18T23:21:23+00:00

    Yes I know, that is exactly what I wrote.  :((((  s/you're/your/.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-18T21:35:52+00:00

    Their inbox is swamped.  "maildrop: maildir over quota."

    Until they answer or delete some of the received mails, you're mail will not be accepted.  Mailboxes are allowed xxx amount of received e-mail at one given point in time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments