Windows 8 and the Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806

Anonymous
2012-12-31T22:07:33+00:00

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my GraphicPal 0806 tablet to work at all in windows 8.  I've tried all the tricks I can think of, and have tried both the Win 8 specific drivers and the older drivers available on their website.  In the best case scenario so far the following happens:

  1. The HWTablet control panel loads successfully but finds no tablet.
  2. The tablet is recognised by Win 8 in Devices & Printers as "Tablet" but does not appear to use the driver from the installer.
  3. It does not operate the mouse pointer and is not recognised in any other software (e.g. Photoshop).

This worked fine in my old Windows 7 install and also still works fine in Mountain Lion on my laptop.

I've tried to contact hanvon/hanwang directly for help but their support email address bounces with a mailbox full error, a problem I cannot see disappearing any time soon as it's been a month now.

So to summarise, it appears to be a Windows 8 specific driver issue, there are windows 8 drivers available but I cannot discover if they have worked for anyone else.... both google and bing foo eludes me. :D

Can anyone here offer advice that isn't "Go and buy a Wacom"?

Thanks,

Paul

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-01T19:55:15+00:00

I had received an email fromHanvon/Hanwang that GraphicPal 0806 is not supported under Win8 because in the new drivers for Win8 they did not include the old chip set.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-13T00:04:18+00:00

    I have WIn10 64-bit and this worked for me! I tried at least 4 other drivers to no avail but this did the trick! Thank you. :^)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-22T08:59:32+00:00

    Irregardless is not a word.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-04-20T23:28:11+00:00

    It is weird that Hanvon doesn't work on windows,

    I say this because I have a Linux and a windows operating system.

    when I am on Linux I jest type some stuff in the terminal and I can use my tablet, but it bugs out sometimes with Gimp so its really annoying to deal with, but with windows 8.1 it doesn't work, the light indicates the tablet is working but the pen doesn't move the cursor, and it happened right after I changed my system language to Japanese but I installed it in English, but it shouldn't effect like this one.

    I tried to do what Mr.Diziet said but in the service.msc window It didn't change to "Tablet" and the other services he mentioned were on "Automatic" by default so I didn't have to change it there.

    I really don't know what to say about this problem but I had to comment to it because I don't think its the operating system but a broken driver install instead from the hanvon drivers download page, I would like to add that I installed the driver "SenTIP 1201WD Driver For Windows 3.3.0 (support WIN8)" from the hanvon website because the CD driver doesn't work for some reason.

    I hope some fix will be available for this issue in the future.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/3dcade81-65ef-46fc-9935-ba8e17ad12dd

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-22T18:35:58+00:00

    I can also confirm that the "driver_win_tablet3.7.0" -> (the tablet driver!) works perfectly with Hanvon Art Master AM0806 on Windows 10. Don't install anything before and only when the installer ask for it plug the GraphicPal in the USB-Port and restart your System. The LED flashes every few seconds but it works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments