I had received an email fromHanvon/Hanwang that GraphicPal 0806 is not supported under Win8 because in the new drivers for Win8 they did not include the old chip set.
Windows 8 and the Hanvon/Hanwang GraphicPal 0806
Hi,
I'm struggling to get my GraphicPal 0806 tablet to work at all in windows 8. I've tried all the tricks I can think of, and have tried both the Win 8 specific drivers and the older drivers available on their website. In the best case scenario so far the following happens:
- The HWTablet control panel loads successfully but finds no tablet.
- The tablet is recognised by Win 8 in Devices & Printers as "Tablet" but does not appear to use the driver from the installer.
- It does not operate the mouse pointer and is not recognised in any other software (e.g. Photoshop).
This worked fine in my old Windows 7 install and also still works fine in Mountain Lion on my laptop.
I've tried to contact hanvon/hanwang directly for help but their support email address bounces with a mailbox full error, a problem I cannot see disappearing any time soon as it's been a month now.
So to summarise, it appears to be a Windows 8 specific driver issue, there are windows 8 drivers available but I cannot discover if they have worked for anyone else.... both google and bing foo eludes me. :D
Can anyone here offer advice that isn't "Go and buy a Wacom"?
Thanks,
Paul
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-09-16T04:43:16+00:00 Hi guys! You can find the new version that support the Hanvon Graphipal 0806 on the chinese manufacturer website: http://download.hw99.com/hanwang/Tablet/Drivers/WIN/Tablet391.zip
It runs very well with Windows 10 x64 and Photoshop CC 2015.
-
Anonymous
2017-10-18T13:04:03+00:00 The better Driver solution has already been posted by AlessandroMarotta and the link still works :)
http://download.hw99.com/hanwang/Tablet/Drivers/WIN/Tablet391.zip
-
Anonymous
2015-05-29T12:32:20+00:00 I tried everything! Nothing works. Not for windows 7 and 8. Only XP LOLLLL. It has long been bought WACOM. And all OKAY!!!! Hanvon is BAD company and tech supp.
-
Anonymous
2013-02-03T02:05:53+00:00 Yes I know it's not listed. We're going in circles. You advised mhayes83 about installing drivers from CD.
To which I replied your advice won't help because the drivers don't work. To which you reply with something you've already said before and we already know. :/ :/ :/ Repeating things like "It's not in the compatibility centre" doesn't help, I believe that was the second post you made in this thread and was on Jan 14th.
As for saying I should have checked before upgrading that's irrelevant and to be honest bloody antagonistic. Do you check that hardware you don't know you're going to use with your computer will work before you upgrade? It's a device I'd forgotten I had, then discovered that I fancied doing some graphic work and dug it out.
I really believe at this point you're repeating things that have been said before and posting to bump post counts.
Come to think of it. Given that we've resolved this issue (in that we know it won't work) so am I.
Thanks to all who confirmed my suspicions that the issue wasn't unique to me.
Signing off.