Wake up key on the keyboard does not work

Anonymous
2013-02-03T15:26:45+00:00

Original Title: "Wake-up" key in "Acer" keyboard Model Nº: 6312-TA of Windows XP Desktop PC.

¡Hello!

I have a Desktop PC "Windows XP" Home Edition SP3.

The keyboard is "Acer" Model No.: 6312-TA . It is about 2001, the keyboard.

The matter is that in the keyboard, there is a "Wake-up key".  But I don't know how to use it. One of the boys in the shop, where I bought it, tried the keyboard I took out of the Desktop PC  and tried it recently in a computer of the shop.

He said, it did not go.

There are two other keys, next to the "Wake-up" key, one is for putting the PC in "suspension" mode (and it is simbolized by a big "Z**"** followed by two or three smaller ones), and the third last is for shutting down (simbolized by a plug-drawing crossed out).

These last two keys go well.

Where could I find information on how to use this "Wake-up" key??

Should I change something in "Energy options" in "Control Panel"?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-08T11:33:21+00:00

    Hi!!

    In the certificate of warranty, it says: "PRODISMA Monitors and LCD Monitors" .

    I bought it at a store in a promotion that was in the Basque Country with an opening computer centers-the "Kz-gunea".

    "Kz-gunea" means **"**Connect" in Basque language.

    Well, could I disconnect the keyboard (when turned off the computer) and then use "Add New Hardware" from **"**ControlPanel"? The installation of the keyboard does not appear separately in any CD of the PC .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-08T11:53:45+00:00

    I repeat, that is for the Monitor, a computer system is made up of various components, a tower, a monitor, a mouse, a keyboard. the tower contains even more components such as hard drives, motherboard, network adaptors .....etc.

    ------------------------------did you look in the places I listed in my previous reply for Wake on Lan instructions?

    ----------------------------Yes, turn off pc, connect new keyboard, and restart pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-08T15:42:34+00:00

    Yes, I looked in the places you listed , and the only thing I saw, that I consider relevant is:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-08T15:46:34+00:00

    I turned off pc, then I disconnected keyboard.

    Then, I turned on pc and I could read: error, keyboard is missing.

    Afterwards, I connected same keyboard again.

    I clicked on "Add new hardware", selected keyboard and said that it was OK.

    But, I did not restart pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-08T16:45:09+00:00

    I wanted you to try a different keyboard, do not connect the keyboard until you have turned off the pc, and then connect keyboard and then restart pc, found new hardware will come up and let it install to see if the key that is bad on your keyboard will work on the new keyboard.

    http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/2010/Acer/Aspire/AOHAPPY/AOHAPPYivr4.shtml

    this is acer support, you might want to check here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments