Wake up key on the keyboard does not work

Anonymous
2013-02-03T15:26:45+00:00

Original Title: "Wake-up" key in "Acer" keyboard Model Nº: 6312-TA of Windows XP Desktop PC.

¡Hello!

I have a Desktop PC "Windows XP" Home Edition SP3.

The keyboard is "Acer" Model No.: 6312-TA . It is about 2001, the keyboard.

The matter is that in the keyboard, there is a "Wake-up key".  But I don't know how to use it. One of the boys in the shop, where I bought it, tried the keyboard I took out of the Desktop PC  and tried it recently in a computer of the shop.

He said, it did not go.

There are two other keys, next to the "Wake-up" key, one is for putting the PC in "suspension" mode (and it is simbolized by a big "Z**"** followed by two or three smaller ones), and the third last is for shutting down (simbolized by a plug-drawing crossed out).

These last two keys go well.

Where could I find information on how to use this "Wake-up" key??

Should I change something in "Energy options" in "Control Panel"?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-07T16:03:03+00:00

    Name of the operating system Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 build 2600

    Manufacturer of the operating system Microsoft Corporation

    ORG-9AE5B66E3DE system name

    INTELR system manufacturer

    IS2320 system model

    Type of X 86-based computer system

    Processor x 86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~ 1799 MHz

    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG, 14/11/2001

    SMBIOS 2.2 version

    Windows directory C:\WINDOWS

    System C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory

    Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 home

    Locale Spain

    Layer of abstraction of hardware Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

    ORG-9AE5B66E3DE\Usuario user name

    Romance standard time time zone

    Total physical memory 768,00 MB

    Available physical memory 289,34 MB

    Total virtual memory 2.00 GB

    Available virtual memory 1.96 GB

    1.83 GB paging file space

    Pagefile C:\pagefile.sys


    I have looked for a manual, cannot find that pc, my last suggestion would be to try a different keyboard.

    Description keyboard standard 101/102-key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

    Improved name (key 101 or 102-key)

    Distribution 0000040A

    ID device PNP ACPI\PNP0303\3 & 13C0B0C5 & 0

    Number of 12 function keys

    Port I/O 0x00000060 - 0x00000060

    Port I/O 0x00000064 - 0x00000064

    IRQ channel IRQ 1

    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\i8042prt.sys (5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108), 52,25 KB (53.504 Bytes), 19/08/2004 16:23)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-07T16:38:01+00:00

    Hi!!

    In "System summary" or elsewhere, I have read:

    "Mouse is not (or has no option) "to save power" " .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-07T16:40:59+00:00

    Hi!!

    In "System Information", you can read:

    "System manufacturer": INTELR

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-07T16:47:33+00:00

    Yes, I read that, and that is what I searched for, but could not find that make and model.


    go to start, control panel, Mouse, look through here for properties of mouse.


    while in the control panel, look under Power options for wake on lan


    go to start, right click on My Computer, select manage, select device manager, go to network adaptor, right click and choose properties, look for any power management tabs and advanced tabs for anything that will tell you to either use the Wake on lan capability or to disable.


    go to start, help and support, type wake on lan into the search bar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-07T17:10:05+00:00

    Well, before I do that, I want to tell you:

    I have looked for again, and the booklet says:

    USER'S GUIDE

    COLOR MONITOR

    Model No: PRT-541502

    Below, PRODISMA (and Energy Star, to its right) .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments