Can't I "ask a question" without registering??
Wake up key on the keyboard does not work
Original Title: "Wake-up" key in "Acer" keyboard Model Nº: 6312-TA of Windows XP Desktop PC.
¡Hello!
I have a Desktop PC "Windows XP" Home Edition SP3.
The keyboard is "Acer" Model No.: 6312-TA . It is about 2001, the keyboard.
The matter is that in the keyboard, there is a "Wake-up key". But I don't know how to use it. One of the boys in the shop, where I bought it, tried the keyboard I took out of the Desktop PC and tried it recently in a computer of the shop.
He said, it did not go.
There are two other keys, next to the "Wake-up" key, one is for putting the PC in "suspension" mode (and it is simbolized by a big "Z**"** followed by two or three smaller ones), and the third last is for shutting down (simbolized by a plug-drawing crossed out).
These last two keys go well.
Where could I find information on how to use this "Wake-up" key??
Should I change something in "Energy options" in "Control Panel"?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-02-10T15:08:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-02-09T15:55:27+00:00 register and then sign in and ask a question. :)
-
Anonymous
2013-02-09T12:29:16+00:00 Hi!!
How can I contact Acer??
I don't know exactly to what Acer webpage I have to lead, there are several .
Could you tell me exactly which is the webpage??
I mean, there are several: "Acer Extension One", "Acer Customer Support", "Acer Extended Warranty", and so on.
Please, give me a direct link to "Acer" forum.
Thanks.
-
Anonymous
2013-02-08T19:40:36+00:00 I have tried everything I can, maybe someone else will have some ideas, but in the meantime you should contact acer and put the question in their forums. Sorry.
-
Anonymous
2013-02-08T19:19:12+00:00 But I have no more keyboards.