Wake up key on the keyboard does not work

Anonymous
2013-02-03T15:26:45+00:00

Original Title: "Wake-up" key in "Acer" keyboard Model Nº: 6312-TA of Windows XP Desktop PC.

¡Hello!

I have a Desktop PC "Windows XP" Home Edition SP3.

The keyboard is "Acer" Model No.: 6312-TA . It is about 2001, the keyboard.

The matter is that in the keyboard, there is a "Wake-up key".  But I don't know how to use it. One of the boys in the shop, where I bought it, tried the keyboard I took out of the Desktop PC  and tried it recently in a computer of the shop.

He said, it did not go.

There are two other keys, next to the "Wake-up" key, one is for putting the PC in "suspension" mode (and it is simbolized by a big "Z**"** followed by two or three smaller ones), and the third last is for shutting down (simbolized by a plug-drawing crossed out).

These last two keys go well.

Where could I find information on how to use this "Wake-up" key??

Should I change something in "Energy options" in "Control Panel"?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-05T16:38:47+00:00

    Yes, it is.

    Look at these 2 photos. They are from the front and the rear of the keyboard.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-05T11:27:15+00:00

    Hi!!

    And the "Screen Saver" has also anything to do with "Energy Options"?

    How should one configure it?

    I think I have set none in the desktop PC , in recent times.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-05T11:00:19+00:00

    Yes, it is an Acer.

    It may be around 2002, not 2001 .

    In your keyboard photos, the "Wake", "Suspend" and "Shut down" buttons are not the same ones as mines.

    In my keyboard, those buttons are symbolized by drawings, as I noted in my first opening theme message.

    In the photos that appear of "BenQ" keyboard in that web, in those keys the Words "Wake" , "Suspend" and "Shut Down" are printed on those keys.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments