http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8/benq-6312-ta-t2666.html
are you sure the keyboard is an Acer, in this pic it is a BenQ
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Original Title: "Wake-up" key in "Acer" keyboard Model Nº: 6312-TA of Windows XP Desktop PC.
¡Hello!
I have a Desktop PC "Windows XP" Home Edition SP3.
The keyboard is "Acer" Model No.: 6312-TA . It is about 2001, the keyboard.
The matter is that in the keyboard, there is a "Wake-up key". But I don't know how to use it. One of the boys in the shop, where I bought it, tried the keyboard I took out of the Desktop PC and tried it recently in a computer of the shop.
He said, it did not go.
There are two other keys, next to the "Wake-up" key, one is for putting the PC in "suspension" mode (and it is simbolized by a big "Z**"** followed by two or three smaller ones), and the third last is for shutting down (simbolized by a plug-drawing crossed out).
These last two keys go well.
Where could I find information on how to use this "Wake-up" key??
Should I change something in "Energy options" in "Control Panel"?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8/benq-6312-ta-t2666.html
are you sure the keyboard is an Acer, in this pic it is a BenQ
Click Start, Turn Off Computer..., Stand By
I don't have that keyboard so I am not sure what those keyboard buttons are supposed to do.
I have no idea on that one.
Did you enable the Power Management for the keyboard to bring the system out of Stand By and is that part working? You don't have to use the "Wake Up" button on your keyboard - pressing any key on the keyboard (well, just about any key) should bring the system out of Stand By.
Hi!!
In "Power Management", I have "When I press the button "turn on": "turn off"; and "When I press the button "Suspend": "suspend" , I think.
Well, I have put the PC in "suspension" mode, and neither the mouse nor the very key "Suspend" can bring the system out of "Suspension" mode.
Only by pressing the button on the tower or CPU, the PC could exit "Suspension".
Well, I want you to explain to me how can I put the PC in "Standby" mode.
Never before have I heard of that "Energy option".
I have no idea on that one.
Did you enable the Power Management for the keyboard to bring the system out of Stand By and is that part working? You don't have to use the "Wake Up" button on your keyboard - pressing any key on the keyboard (well, just about any key) should bring the system out of Stand By.
Hi Rafa Zubimendi,
Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community and providing us an opportunity to assist you on this issue.
As per the query, it seems like the ‘Wake up’ on the Acer keyboard does not function properly on the computer.
I would like to gather little information on this issue to help you in a better way:
- What exactly happens when you try to use the Wakeup key on the keyboard?
- Did you try the wakeup key after putting the computer into sleep mode?
- Are you able to wake up the PC with mouse or other keys on the keyboard?
If there are keys particularly dedicated for sleep and waking up the PC on the computer and which aren't working, I would suggest you to contact the PC manufacturer for further assistance.
Please let us know if you have any other Windows related issue and we would be glad to help you.
Hello!!
Neither when PC is "normal", that is is working normally, nor when it is in "suspension" mode.
2)Yes, I tried. And happened nothing.