...Optional update bing desktop is still pending. I can also manually check for updates. When I do this the problem one reappears and fails to install.
And is Bing Desktop (KB2694771) "the problem one" or...?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I run windows update and it fails with this error message. I have downloaded the cab file and run it locally. I still get this message after it was 'fixed'. It generates a log file that is over ten thousand lines long. There does not appear to be a mechanism for attaching files so I will paste it only on request.
In the meantime here is the outputReport
Proxy :
Last Installed Update :Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems,03/31/2013 13:30:14
Last Displayed Error :2013-03-31 14:32:09:394 1008 1748 AU # WARNING: Install failed, error = 0x80070643 / 0x00009C48
Language settings :en-US
bits : Running
wuauserv : Running
WORKGROUP :XXXX
Windows Update Agent Version :7.6.7600.256
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP: 1
CPU Type : x64
OS Architecture :64-bit
RS_ResetBits : Bits is stopped
RS_ResetBits : wuauserv is stopped
RS_ResetBits : : bits Running
RS_ResetBits : : wuauserv Running
RES_GenWUError : Bits is stopped
RES_GenWUError : wuauserv is stopped
RES_GenWUError : CryptSvc is stopped
RES_GENWUError : : CryptSvc Running
RES_GENWUError : : bits Running
RES_GENWUError : : wuauserv Running
<IE9>
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
...Optional update bing desktop is still pending. I can also manually check for updates. When I do this the problem one reappears and fails to install.
And is Bing Desktop (KB2694771) "the problem one" or...?
Updates appears to be still working. Optional update bing desktop is still pending. I can also manually check for updates. When I do this the problem one reappears and fails to install.
Does "failed again" mean that you couldn't even run a manual check for updates or that the update(s) offered failed to install?
Yes it failed again today 4th April 2013
I run windows update and it fails with [a 80072efe or 80072f76] error message
Does the behavior persist to this very day or...?