Windows Store - Error code 0x80073cf6

Anonymous
2013-04-01T08:01:07+00:00

I cannot install MS Mahjong, MS Minesweeper and MS solitaire collection from MS Store using Windows 8 PC. Getting error message "MS Mahjong cannot be installed error code 0x80073cf6". How do I resolve this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-29T06:28:25+00:00

If you want to download apps from the Windows Store, you’ll need to use a Microsoft account.

Switch a local account to Microsoft Account.

a) Press “Windows + I” to open settings option.

b) Select Change Pc settings.

c) Select User account.

d) On the right side, it will show your current account with a option that says “**Switch to a Microsoft account”.**e) Once you have setup your Microsoft account (this requires a Windows Live ID (Hotmail or MSN, Outlook.com). Enter the new email address and this will change the email address.

For more information on user account, refer to the articles.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-user-account

Which user account is right for me?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/which-user-account-for-me

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/microsoft-account#1TC=t1

If you have further questions, please do post your query in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you.

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-01T21:08:56+00:00

Hi Brett,

Let’s place the computer in clean boot state and try to install the MS Mahjong, MS Minesweeper and MS solitaire collection.

To help troubleshoot error message, you can start Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: To reset the computer to normal mode after troubleshooting, please follow “**How to reset the computer to start as usual”**from the above article.

For more information, refer to the links.

**Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?******

What to do if you have problems with an app

Please update us with the results and we will be happy to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-02T10:11:27+00:00

    Thank you for your very prompt response.

    My problem - error 0x80073cf6 still exits and I cannot install MS Mahjong, etc

    I get the same error message after a clean boot. My existing apps are all updated. My app licenses are synced. I am unable to contact the app developer for further advice - Microsoft outside the USA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-29T06:10:45+00:00

    I cannot install MS Mahjong, MS Minesweeper and MS solitaire collection from MS Store using Windows 8 PC. Getting error message "MS Mahjong cannot be installed error code 0x80073cf6". How do I resolve this?

    I have the same problem. I figured out that these apps (minesweeper, mahjong, solitaire etc.) are all made by Microsoft. these apps can only be installed by using a mocrosoft account i.e. ending @outlook.com; @hotmail.com; live.com. Using account ending for example @gmail.com won't let you download Microsoft content from the app store. I noticed this by creating a second user account on my computer ending @hotmail.com.

    No problems downloading microsoft content using this account.

    Beside this I noticed that downloading other content than Microsoft from the appstore with my first useraccount is no problem at all ...........

    So, to my opinion the problem is the type of user account used to log in at the app-store and is not related to a technical problem inside the computer itself.

    however I didn't have any clue how to change my first useraccount to a mocrisoft accepted account. Till now, the option on internet (account.live.com) refuses to change the name at this moment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-29T07:09:06+00:00

    Thanks but this did not work.

    The User Account shows I am using my Hotmail account which obviously is already a Microsoft account and registered as such.

    The only option available to me my existing Microsoft User account is to open a local account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments