Can't open my external hard disk, it's saying to Format it.

Anonymous
2013-01-02T06:16:46+00:00

Original title: Cant open my external hard disk

I cant open my external hard drive. It says I have to format it. In computer it just show Local Disk K but there is no storage reading.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-13T16:35:53+00:00

    i do have the same problem pls share me ur mail address or send me the solution to my email ID "******@gmail.com"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-15T05:49:47+00:00

    My external HD is buffalo 1t. For some reason after I put the password , I can see the drive and when I try to open it, is saying f:/ is not accessible the parameter is incorrect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-29T19:25:46+00:00

    Thanks this solved it for me, i did not want to lose the data at all and this fixed it for me. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-17T04:34:54+00:00

    I was backing my files on my hard disc and I can not figure out what happened It will not open at all. What went wrong

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-15T11:37:38+00:00

    By definition: if you format the disk, the data is gone.  At least any you do not have a proper backup (copy) of.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments