1. What is the exact error message that you get?
“You need to format the disk in drive K: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?”
- What is the File System of the External Hard Drive?
File system is empty. Nothing there. The disk shows it is fully used when it is less than half used. I cant check error also. Takes a very long time to load the properties page. And there is no reading of storage place in Computer. Used space 0 byt, Free space 0 byt, Capacity 0 byt.
- Are you using the external hard drive for the first time on Windows 7 computer?
No. I have used it many times before and it was working perfectly OK. Only done one formatting due to virus. But after that all was normal. I haven’t done any formatting or fragmentation, etc n stop it abruptly. I stopped using it for a moment because I had to send in my com for service. After I got back my com I cant open the hard disk. I have tried pluggin the port to other USB holes but it’s still the same. It remains as Local Disk K. (Shouldn’t it be named by other alphabets since it is plugged in different ports?) By the way my hard disk is a 1TB Toshiba. I can hear some sounds coming from it sometimes n it vibrates a bit sometimes.
- Are you able to use other external drives without any issues?
I have another HP hard disk that I plugged in n its working perfectly.
5. What happens when you connect the external devices to a different computer?
I have another com with windows XP n I tried to plug in all the USB port. None of it detected the hard disk.
- Have you made any recent software or hardware changes on the system?
No. Don’t know how to…