Can't open my external hard disk, it's saying to Format it.

Anonymous
2013-01-02T06:16:46+00:00

Original title: Cant open my external hard disk

I cant open my external hard drive. It says I have to format it. In computer it just show Local Disk K but there is no storage reading.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-03T09:52:50+00:00

    I had the same problem. so pls share a solution on mail ID ******@gmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-27T09:30:54+00:00

    please send me your e-amil adress , since i had same problem with  WD-diks

    had to preform chdks /f  X:  everytime in Dosbox

    thanks in advance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-30T23:21:39+00:00

    Hello,

    Let me take another approach than what was originally proposed. I'm going to suggest that you download, install, and run the following application:  EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition. Its a freeware application you download from here: http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Partition-Master-Free-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html?tag=mncol;1 .

    When you run this application for the first time, it should detect your drive and allow you to format it. Once its been formatted, Windows will recognize it.

    Let me know how you fare.

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-30T23:11:19+00:00

    Hey Please help me with this issue. It is showing every time " Format disk " when I connect hard drive.

    It was working till last night.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-01-08T09:20:36+00:00

    I had same problem I fixed it without losing data email me ******@o2.co.uk I will give u solution but I need more info. And the data is safe after being fixed guaranteed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments