how to export pictures from windows 8 computer to flash drive??????

Anonymous
2012-12-28T16:20:25+00:00

I'm now using windows 8 and need to export pictures from my computer to a flash drive and can not figure out how? I went from XP to windows 8 so everything is new to me. HELP and THANKS

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-12-29T08:42:08+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Windows 8!

I would recommend you to follow the below given steps to transfer pictures from computer to a flash drive.

a. Plug-in the flash drive to the USB port on the computer

b. Select the pictures that you want transfer it to flash drive

c. Right click on the selected pictures and choose send to option

d. From the options, select the plugged-in USB

e. Pictures will be transferred to the flash drive

To know more about windows 8, refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/meet

Hope this information will help you.

For any other windows related issue, reply to us and we will happy to assist you.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-04T17:34:50+00:00

    This does not work. Nothing happens when I right click. There is no excuse for making Windows 8 so difficult to use. Why should I have to do so much internet searching in order to do simple tasks. What you have done with Windows 8 is the equivalent of an auto manufacturer redesigning a car by rearranging all the controls. Putting the brake pedal to the right of the accelerator, putting the fuel gauge in the back seat, and the radio controls on the floor. There is no reason why new computer features should also mean redesigning the interfaces. Where is the closest Apple store?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-01T18:04:56+00:00

    I am having same issue.  There is not a send to option.  Tried to use share charm but is states it is not available from desktop.  Any other suggestions? Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-17T23:54:26+00:00

    I Do Not Know What To Do, I Followed All Of Those Instructions But It Is NOT Letting Me Transfer My Photos, My Flash Drive Isn't Even Showing Up.  It Does Not Show Up When I'm In My Files On My Desktop But It Does Show Up When I'm In My Photos On Start, But It Only Says That I Can Import Photos Not export Them So Pleaseee Help

    -Christinaaa Thooo NoT Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-21T05:21:51+00:00

    Hi,

    If these are attached photos, I would think you could just select "Save As", and select the USB drive...

    If they are attached, they probably need to be opened or downloaded before the option to "Send To" is available...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments