how to export pictures from windows 8 computer to flash drive??????

Anonymous
2012-12-28T16:20:25+00:00

I'm now using windows 8 and need to export pictures from my computer to a flash drive and can not figure out how? I went from XP to windows 8 so everything is new to me. HELP and THANKS

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-12-29T08:42:08+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Windows 8!

I would recommend you to follow the below given steps to transfer pictures from computer to a flash drive.

a. Plug-in the flash drive to the USB port on the computer

b. Select the pictures that you want transfer it to flash drive

c. Right click on the selected pictures and choose send to option

d. From the options, select the plugged-in USB

e. Pictures will be transferred to the flash drive

To know more about windows 8, refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/meet

Hope this information will help you.

For any other windows related issue, reply to us and we will happy to assist you.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-21T18:05:35+00:00

    Hi,

    You should be able to " Copy and Paste " just like always, without any problems....

    I have both Win 8 and 8.1 machines, and they do this without any issues...

    I don't think I have ever even actually used the " Send To " feature in any windows OS.

    Just Copy and Paste.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-21T17:50:37+00:00

    I absolutely agree.  I have been trying all the methods suggested, but nothing works. My pics are stuck in Microsoft 8. Can you imagine that it is someone's job to make things more difficult for consumers? I am forced to use this service through work, otherwise, I would have nothing to do with it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-17T10:18:18+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for choosing Windows 8!

    I would recommend you to follow the below given steps to transfer pictures from computer to a flash drive.

    a. Plug-in the flash drive to the USB port on the computer

    b. Select the pictures that you want transfer it to flash drive

    c. Right click on the selected pictures and choose send to option

    There is no SEND option in win8 picture library and windows 8 will never be recommended to anyone as it is total and utter......................................... RUBBISH to work with.........

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-08T19:50:23+00:00

    I selected The pictures as indicated on b. When I right clicked it didn't give me the option to send. That's the problem I am dealing with on Windows 8. I've done this hundreds of times on the old windows. Now I right click and nothing happens--very frustrating. And obviously this thread was of no help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments