I get the error code 0x80072ee2, when i try to download apps from Windows store.

Anonymous
2013-04-05T07:58:47+00:00

Original Title:can not download from windows store.

My Windows Mail-app stopped working, so I deleted it, and tried to download a New. Then, after a while I get amessage: Can not install, error code 0x80072ee2

Got the same Message on other apps too

Can anyone help me With this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-10T03:17:07+00:00

Not sure if this will help, but my wife was getting the perpetual spinning circle when trying to launch the app store in Windows 8. We loaded Windows 8.1 and then still the same error, except we started getting error 0x80072ee2 when it would fail. After trying the "WSReset" and powershell scripts and many other suggestions I found online, I finally found the cause.

While the app screen is up (not desktop), go to the right hand side and bring up settings. Choose change PC settings. Then choose Network, then choose Proxy. There is a setting in Windows 8.1 that is "Use a proxy server". For us that was turned on and it should not have been. Turned it off and the app store loads fine now.

We could browse the internet and everything else fine before this change. The only behavior was that that we could not get the app store to load.

Hope this helps you and or others.

Thanks

Nick

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-30T22:04:06+00:00

    Dear Tadasha

    I have a newly acquired laptop which came with 8.0 which I immediately upgraded to 8.1 - everyting works apart from the store and I get the same error as everyone else. Sometimes I can load into the store but after that - even trying to access my account

    • I get the spinning wheel and it eventually fails with the error message.

    I have run through all of your suggested fixes but the problem isn't resolved.  I also tried switching off the proxy server, a solution which a lot of people seem to find actually does work.  For about an hour this did seem to work as I was able to get into the store and look at categories and generally nose around.  After that hour, however, the problem came back and there is no point disabling the proxy server as it immediately reverts to on, even if you clear the address and the port.

    This is a really painful, frustrating and time-wasting problem which seems to be impacting an awful lot of people. Could we have a solution, please.

    Very many thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-11T19:54:39+00:00

    when I change the proxy setting to OFF, I'm not given the option to save this change.  And I'm still unable to connect to the store.

    I've done all the Microsoft checks and such but still no luck.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-08T08:37:04+00:00

    Thank you for this such a small thing but that was the problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-19T18:44:08+00:00

    Thank you very much!  I was Realy stumped with this problem and your solution worked nicely. it even fixed a problem with my mail app, and probably other Win 8 apps that connect to the internet Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments