I get the error code 0x80072ee2, when i try to download apps from Windows store.

Anonymous
2013-04-05T07:58:47+00:00

Original Title:can not download from windows store.

My Windows Mail-app stopped working, so I deleted it, and tried to download a New. Then, after a while I get amessage: Can not install, error code 0x80072ee2

Got the same Message on other apps too

Can anyone help me With this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-10T03:17:07+00:00

Not sure if this will help, but my wife was getting the perpetual spinning circle when trying to launch the app store in Windows 8. We loaded Windows 8.1 and then still the same error, except we started getting error 0x80072ee2 when it would fail. After trying the "WSReset" and powershell scripts and many other suggestions I found online, I finally found the cause.

While the app screen is up (not desktop), go to the right hand side and bring up settings. Choose change PC settings. Then choose Network, then choose Proxy. There is a setting in Windows 8.1 that is "Use a proxy server". For us that was turned on and it should not have been. Turned it off and the app store loads fine now.

We could browse the internet and everything else fine before this change. The only behavior was that that we could not get the app store to load.

Hope this helps you and or others.

Thanks

Nick

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-30T17:14:40+00:00

    Hi,

    I would suggest you to run the app troubleshooter now and let us know about the results. App troubleshooter would tell you what exactly is causing the problem. Then we would help you further accordingly. Here is the link for your reference.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

    Do reply us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-05T21:03:09+00:00

    Dear Support engineer,

    After upgrading to windows 8.1, I am unable to load Windows store.  It comes up with this message,

    "We weren't able to connect to the Store.  This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out.  Please wait a few minutes and try again.  (0x80072ee2).  I then proceeded to use this diagnostic->  http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

    Which gave me these results:

    "There might be a problem with a device or you might need to update your display adapter drives.  The troubleshooter will help identify any known device issues."  then... "problems found"

    Avast! secure line TAP Adapter is disabled (not fixed)  X

    Hardware changes might not have been detected."

    I really don't know what to do. I have been looking for answers all over the internet and trying different tips like clearing the cache and none of them seem to work.   Would you please help me.. thanks, Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-03T22:49:31+00:00

    Thanks SO much for this helpful tip.   Worked perfectly.    Really frustrating that  the Windows upgrade mucks things up like this,and even more frustrating that none of  their troubleshooting tools (I tried many!) fix this issue either.    Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-13T22:22:09+00:00

    Thanks for the tip, it solved the problem :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments