I get the error code 0x80072ee2, when i try to download apps from Windows store.

Anonymous
2013-04-05T07:58:47+00:00

Original Title:can not download from windows store.

My Windows Mail-app stopped working, so I deleted it, and tried to download a New. Then, after a while I get amessage: Can not install, error code 0x80072ee2

Got the same Message on other apps too

Can anyone help me With this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-10T03:17:07+00:00

Not sure if this will help, but my wife was getting the perpetual spinning circle when trying to launch the app store in Windows 8. We loaded Windows 8.1 and then still the same error, except we started getting error 0x80072ee2 when it would fail. After trying the "WSReset" and powershell scripts and many other suggestions I found online, I finally found the cause.

While the app screen is up (not desktop), go to the right hand side and bring up settings. Choose change PC settings. Then choose Network, then choose Proxy. There is a setting in Windows 8.1 that is "Use a proxy server". For us that was turned on and it should not have been. Turned it off and the app store loads fine now.

We could browse the internet and everything else fine before this change. The only behavior was that that we could not get the app store to load.

Hope this helps you and or others.

Thanks

Nick

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-09T11:20:26+00:00

    Thanks for good answer, but I have still not found a solution. But, I can see if I go to Store I get the Message: computer is not Connected to the internet, try again. But the comuter is Connected, I tried both Wireless and With a cable. I have also tried the other solutions you come up With :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-06T03:32:52+00:00

    Hi Bjorn,

    Generally we get the error code when the internet connection is poor.

    So I would suggest you to check for the internet connection.

    Could you answer few questions:

    1.      Were you able to install apps earlier?

    2.      Have you installed any third party anti-virus on the computer?

    3.      Are you using any proxy connection to connect to Internet?

    4.      Do you use wired or wireless internet connection?

    5.      Are you able to browse internet properly?

    Let’s try these methods ad check.

    Method 1:

    Run Apps Troubleshooter

    I would suggest you to download and run the Modern UI App troubleshooter.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

    Method 2:

    If you have installed any third party anti-virus software, then I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus software and the firewall temporarily and check.

    Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If you do have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network during the time your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

    Method 3:

    Disable proxy connection

    If you use any proxy connection, then follow the steps to disable proxy:

    a.      Click the Gearbox at the top right corner in Internet Explorer.

    b.      Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

    c.       Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.

    d.      Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN box.

    e.      Click Ok.

    Method 4:

    I would suggest you to clear the store cache and check.

    Follow these steps to do so.

    a)       On the desktop screen, press Windows key + R to open run box.

    b)      Type WSReset.exe and hit enter.

    Reference:

    Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

    What to do if you have problems with an app

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

    Do let us know if you have any further queries.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments