I get the error code 0x80072ee2, when i try to download apps from Windows store.

Anonymous
2013-04-05T07:58:47+00:00

Original Title:can not download from windows store.

My Windows Mail-app stopped working, so I deleted it, and tried to download a New. Then, after a while I get amessage: Can not install, error code 0x80072ee2

Got the same Message on other apps too

Can anyone help me With this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-10T03:17:07+00:00

Not sure if this will help, but my wife was getting the perpetual spinning circle when trying to launch the app store in Windows 8. We loaded Windows 8.1 and then still the same error, except we started getting error 0x80072ee2 when it would fail. After trying the "WSReset" and powershell scripts and many other suggestions I found online, I finally found the cause.

While the app screen is up (not desktop), go to the right hand side and bring up settings. Choose change PC settings. Then choose Network, then choose Proxy. There is a setting in Windows 8.1 that is "Use a proxy server". For us that was turned on and it should not have been. Turned it off and the app store loads fine now.

We could browse the internet and everything else fine before this change. The only behavior was that that we could not get the app store to load.

Hope this helps you and or others.

Thanks

Nick

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-12T22:36:51+00:00

    I have tried all of this multiple times.  I download tool appears to keep correcting the same registry error.

    I still cannot use the playstore.

    What else can I tryi?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-12T12:33:23+00:00

    277/5000

    I have problems with my windows ... code derror (0x80072ee2)

    often problems of application

      to loader program..ect I would like the problem squared ... done 2 foix that I give my computer to zero because ca bugue .. I'd like to fix this problem thank you ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-04-11T06:49:03+00:00

    download does not work error 0x80072ee2

    why does this download have to be a geek's game

    download with threats and it's amess

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-23T05:12:18+00:00

    I am running Windows 10 on my PC. I changed from Windows 8 to Windows 10 some years ago. Why the problem now. Can I just ignore. This problem to me is a pain in the Butt. I am not very computer savvy. Can anyone help with easy answer or fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments