windows 8 stuck in endless preparing automatic repair

Anonymous
2013-01-06T20:25:17+00:00

Hi 

I recently bought a sony vaio laptop with windows 8 out of the box.

Now the system is not starting

it says preparing automatic repair for some time then a blank screen comes up for  while and then a screen comes up saying repair not completed...it automatically restarts and same thing continues in a loop

please help with this

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-09T19:29:24+00:00

    I would love to try booting from a cd/dvd.  `however my new machine, delivered today is an ultrabook, with no optical drive and I dont have an external one to try plugging in.

    It hung up after I enabled bitlocker and has been playinmg up ever since.  It boots to the bitlocker password, `i enter it correctly, off it goes then crashes into the black screen "Preparing Automatic repair" .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-07T14:15:49+00:00

    this work for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-11T20:09:54+00:00

    I found a different solution.

    New ASUS Vivobook. Upgraded to 8.1 Pro and enabled BitLocker. Rebooted upon command. Got stuck in the auto-repair loop until it finally refused to even get past the "Preparing Auto Repair" message.

    Turned off computer. While powering back on, I tapped F2 repeatedly until I got into the BIOS. Disabled Fast Boot and exited, saving changes.

    Rebooted to BitLocker prompt. Entered encryption password and booted normally.

    Will leave FastBoot off until encryption completes; then I'll test to see whether it needs to be left disabled permanently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-01-21T19:09:41+00:00

    If anything doesn't work, restore your system (that is what I did and it works).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments