windows 8 stuck in endless preparing automatic repair

Anonymous
2013-01-06T20:25:17+00:00

Hi 

I recently bought a sony vaio laptop with windows 8 out of the box.

Now the system is not starting

it says preparing automatic repair for some time then a blank screen comes up for  while and then a screen comes up saying repair not completed...it automatically restarts and same thing continues in a loop

please help with this

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-08T00:46:46+00:00

    thank you very much! I've had this computer broken for a year now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-09T01:23:36+00:00

    I had the same problem, I disconnected mouse, keyboard, etc., and restarted. it completed its startup I plugged in my stuff.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-24T21:43:17+00:00

    I have done all this but when I go to trouble shoot setup it says not setup fail

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T00:36:24+00:00

    In this case, all the 3rd party apps, will be uninstalled ! Must be another way !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-03-21T05:16:11+00:00

    This works!!!

    LOCKED C DRIVE

    JustinKostic replied on  October 29, 2012

    do a selective boot up with bios

    get cmd to open and check

    bootrec /fixMBR

    bootrec /Fixboot

    bootrec /rebuildBCD

    and also

    chkdsk /r c:

    chkdsk /r d:

    chkdsk /r e:

    chkdsk /r f:

    then let repair go thowe again and should be stoped

    I made an account just to say that this worked like a charm. 

    I inserted my Windows 8 DVD and had BIOS boot from the DVD drive. Then, I opened the command prompt and entered the commands listed. The chkdsk step take awhile (~8 hours on my mostly full 500 GB HDD), so be patient. Once everything was finished, I rebooted and Windows started fine and all my data was intact.

    Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments