windows 8 stuck in endless preparing automatic repair

Anonymous
2013-01-06T20:25:17+00:00

Hi 

I recently bought a sony vaio laptop with windows 8 out of the box.

Now the system is not starting

it says preparing automatic repair for some time then a blank screen comes up for  while and then a screen comes up saying repair not completed...it automatically restarts and same thing continues in a loop

please help with this

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-04T09:29:31+00:00

    I have the same problem in lenovo tablet with windows 8.1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-08T19:49:40+00:00

    hold f2 till a white screen comes up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-08T19:47:49+00:00

    I got this to worked what do you do once you get on a white screen that say something about run-up test please guide me someone

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-07-25T20:08:32+00:00

    My laptop at startup go stright to screen saying preparing automatic repair can not stop it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-25T12:14:39+00:00

    I also heard that if you have a USB flash drive inserted while booting, take it out, then try again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments