windows 8 stuck in endless preparing automatic repair

Anonymous
2013-01-06T20:25:17+00:00

Hi 

I recently bought a sony vaio laptop with windows 8 out of the box.

Now the system is not starting

it says preparing automatic repair for some time then a blank screen comes up for  while and then a screen comes up saying repair not completed...it automatically restarts and same thing continues in a loop

please help with this

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-22T14:52:08+00:00

    Didn't help. Stuck in endless preparing to  restore...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-24T01:24:59+00:00

    After much grief I had to have the hard drive replaced.  They would not say just what happened, but that was the only option left.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-23T06:12:56+00:00

    Hi 

    I recently bought a sony vaio laptop with windows 8 out of the box.

    Now the system is not starting

    it says preparing automatic repair for some time then a blank screen comes up for  while and then a screen comes up saying repair not completed...it automatically restarts and same thing continues in a loop

    please help with this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-30T21:18:17+00:00

    Interestingly, I had this issue with a PC recently. The problem was with an external device. Under the boot order the "Floppy Group Boot Priority" had "WD SES Device" listed. This told me something by "Western Digital" was plugged into the machine. Sure enough, there was a backup external hard drive plugged into the machine. Why this was listed under the Floppy Group Boot Priority I'm not sure.

    I also noticed that under the HDD group priority was listed "WD My Passport". It's trying to boot from an external hard drive that has no Windows installed. I set this to the internal HDD and then unplugged the external drive. Rebooting got past that error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-21T04:07:16+00:00

    Try this when power is off repeatedly press ESC. Key and turn power on u should be able to find system restore

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments