windows 8 stuck in endless preparing automatic repair

Anonymous
2013-01-06T20:25:17+00:00

Hi 

I recently bought a sony vaio laptop with windows 8 out of the box.

Now the system is not starting

it says preparing automatic repair for some time then a blank screen comes up for  while and then a screen comes up saying repair not completed...it automatically restarts and same thing continues in a loop

please help with this

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-13T10:24:35+00:00

    I had the same problem too,

    but after trying your method; my laptop worked straight away!

    Many thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-08T08:42:34+00:00

    So far your advice is the only thing that has been able to advance me to a screen that has word troubleshooting.  I am in advanced options now and looking at:

    system restore 

    system image recovery

    startup repair 

    command poiny 

    Auefi Firmware settings 

    startup settings 

    what now?  I am on a VAIO ultrabook running 7 I think

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-21T19:09:41+00:00

    If anything doesn't work, restore your system (that is what I did and it works).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more