RECONNECT:FILE HISTORY DRIVE.

Anonymous
2013-04-04T06:42:51+00:00

I AM ON THE PAGE,RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE.A BIG RED CROSS TELLS ME WHERE ,BUT NOTHING WORKS.TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK 850L SATELLITE RUNNING WINDOWS 8 .3 MONTHS OLD,CHANGED SECURITY FROM TO AVG.NOTHING I READ TELLS ME HOW TO!!NOT CLICK HERE AND THERE.JUST WONT RECCONECT.OH! INTERNAL DRIVE.IM 67 YRS OLD ,FIRST COMPUTER.IT SEEMS THAT PROBLEMS ARE BUILT IN FOR A HUGE REPAIR SYSTEM.THERE MUST BE A SOLUTION TO CONNECT WITHOUT CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL DRIVE.IF I BUY ONE AND THIS DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM,WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS!!HELLO I AM JERRY..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-12T15:17:25+00:00

    According to Search I don't have File History on my machine.  Why am I getting these annoying messages to connect my File History drive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-13T07:55:16+00:00

    Hi,

    1.      Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?

    2.      Were there any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

    If you are using Windows 8 computer, let’s check if File history is turned on or off.

    a. Press or tap Windows Key + X.

    b. Click on Control panel, under System and Security click save backup copy of your files with File History.

    Please get back to us with the above information to assist you better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-18T17:19:27+00:00

    Following your suggestion I was able identify the un-mounted drive in question.  This is an external drive, so when I disconnect it the OS looses the handle to it.  This is true even if I reconnect the drive.  In order to reestablish the handle, or connection, I need to perform the process explained in "b" above.

    Thanks for the insight.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T07:44:51+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for the update.

    Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We will be glad to assist you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments