RECONNECT:FILE HISTORY DRIVE.

Anonymous
2013-04-04T06:42:51+00:00

I AM ON THE PAGE,RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE.A BIG RED CROSS TELLS ME WHERE ,BUT NOTHING WORKS.TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK 850L SATELLITE RUNNING WINDOWS 8 .3 MONTHS OLD,CHANGED SECURITY FROM TO AVG.NOTHING I READ TELLS ME HOW TO!!NOT CLICK HERE AND THERE.JUST WONT RECCONECT.OH! INTERNAL DRIVE.IM 67 YRS OLD ,FIRST COMPUTER.IT SEEMS THAT PROBLEMS ARE BUILT IN FOR A HUGE REPAIR SYSTEM.THERE MUST BE A SOLUTION TO CONNECT WITHOUT CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL DRIVE.IF I BUY ONE AND THIS DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM,WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS!!HELLO I AM JERRY..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-06T22:03:37+00:00

    Yes-- I am in the same predicament as you-- I never used an external drive and I do not know where to "reconnect" the supposed internal drive where this back-up occurred.  I think perhaps the original back-up procedure was using an internal drive and that after a certain volume was exceeded, the PC system wants us to back-up to an external history file drive.  But, there are no definitive confirmations or instructions about  the proper procedure that says this is the case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-06T17:27:33+00:00

    No, I did not use a usb port.

    An error report states that file history need to be reconnected ????     HOW !!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T21:53:20+00:00

    it is internal drive

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T09:13:46+00:00

    Why did you use a usb port to access the  internal hard drive to access the  file history drive  Are you confirming that the file history drive is an internal drive or not?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments