RECONNECT:FILE HISTORY DRIVE.

Anonymous
2013-04-04T06:42:51+00:00

I AM ON THE PAGE,RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE.A BIG RED CROSS TELLS ME WHERE ,BUT NOTHING WORKS.TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK 850L SATELLITE RUNNING WINDOWS 8 .3 MONTHS OLD,CHANGED SECURITY FROM TO AVG.NOTHING I READ TELLS ME HOW TO!!NOT CLICK HERE AND THERE.JUST WONT RECCONECT.OH! INTERNAL DRIVE.IM 67 YRS OLD ,FIRST COMPUTER.IT SEEMS THAT PROBLEMS ARE BUILT IN FOR A HUGE REPAIR SYSTEM.THERE MUST BE A SOLUTION TO CONNECT WITHOUT CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL DRIVE.IF I BUY ONE AND THIS DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM,WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS!!HELLO I AM JERRY..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-17T02:05:23+00:00

    this systemic problem along with the"must be upgraded" need to be fixed. Someone says, "they just come with windows!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-10T21:23:32+00:00

    Need help in turning on my file history, get access to copying onto CD and how to update file history drive.

    TP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-14T21:34:41+00:00

    Hi Sharif,

    I am running Windows 8.1 on a Samsung Series 9 ultrabook.  I am having the same "reconnect your drive" problem in File History.  I think here is where my problem began (bear with me if the information below isn't relevant):

    In July I found that windows was backing up to SkyDrive too much (and too often) so I googled the problem, and found the solution (uninstalling and reinstalling SkyDrive).  The problem seemed to be solved, but then Windows Notification kept asking me to "reconnect my drive".

    File History was associated with SkyDrive, but now there is a message: "File History Doesn't Recognize This Drive".  Under the file path, it reads (in italics): unknown error.

    Under my user account, I have two SkyDrive folders, one of them has the extension (.old).

    I don't know what Windows is actually asking me to do.  Can you clarify what's going on here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T07:44:51+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for the update.

    Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We will be glad to assist you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments