Hi,
I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.
Regards
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU.
I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.
Regards
It actually makes sense. Mine stopped working on both, PC and laptop last Saturday night too. That was the night we've changed time in UK.
Yes, it looks like you are right.
I don't see 30 or 40% but a constant rate of 12% which still is way to high for an idle background app.
I was seeing varying percentages on the different computers. On one it was using about 15% on the other two was moving between 30% and more than 40%.
For what is worth, removing and reinstalling did fix the problem for me on all devices.
Same Problem here on 3 different computers. CPU usage is between 20 and 30%. The problem occurs last weekend with the summer time change. If you turn off the automatic change to summer time (clock is set 1 hour back) and start Bing Desktop, it changes the wallpaper and has a normal CPU usage. If you turn the automatic change on again, it has again the high CPU usage.