Hi,
I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.
Regards
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU.
I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.
Regards
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem.
Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses around 50% of my CPU and the backgound picture does not refresh anymore.
Bing version: 1.2.113.0
Thanks
Hello,
Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU.
I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Yes, get rid of it. It's not like if you need it and my view on these things that I don't need, that don't work, that bug up the computer and that test my patience is to get rid of the cursed thing! No more app causing problems, case closed!
John
I had version 1.2.115.0.
I tried "repair", no change, still over 24% CPU constantly.
Today I downloaded again from http://www.bing.com/explore/desktop
(thanks @Milton David Grimshaw)
Then I uninstalled the current version and installed the older version 1.2.113.0.
All OK again, wallpaper changes, no waste of CPU time.
(thanks @alfreddeux)
I wonder when someone from MS will respond here an provide a fix.
@John:
That was not helpful at all.
What I need and what not is none of your business.
The app worked, and after an update it did no longer. MS will fix it sooner or later. Case closed.