bingdesktop.exe over 20% CPU

Anonymous
2013-04-02T09:16:53+00:00

Hello,

Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU. 

I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-06T11:42:40+00:00

Hi,

I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.

Regards

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-09T08:27:06+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for the Update on this issue.

    Usually, performance issue or high CPU usage issue occurs due to system files corruption on Windows which generally happens from conflicts from third party programs which alters personalization and its support services.

    Your efforts to resolve this problem is very much appreciated. 

    Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.     

    Shivam,

    I find that quite hard to believe.

    This programme goes wrong, quite reliably, when clocks change.  J.Gabriel.D's fix/workaround is a very large clue as to what is going wrong.

    I expect I speak for everyone who's taken the time to contribute to this thread in saying that we'd like to see this problem investigated, identified and fixed rather than blamed on "third party programs" on the basis of nothing more than blithe assumption.

    If you could name one or more such third party programs that we could perhaps look into on our systems then that might help make your answer easier to stomach.

    Phil

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments