Hi,
I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.
Regards
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU.
I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.
Regards
I had version 1.2.115.0.
I tried "repair", no change, still over 24% CPU constantly.
Today I downloaded again from http://www.bing.com/explore/desktop
(thanks @Milton David Grimshaw)
Then I uninstalled the current version and installed the older version 1.2.113.0.
All OK again, wallpaper changes, no waste of CPU time.
(thanks @alfreddeux)
I wonder when someone from MS will respond here an provide a fix.
Hello,
Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU.
I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Yes, get rid of it. It's not like if you need it and my view on these things that I don't need, that don't work, that bug up the computer and that test my patience is to get rid of the cursed thing! No more app causing problems, case closed!
John
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem.
Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses around 50% of my CPU and the backgound picture does not refresh anymore.
Bing version: 1.2.113.0
Thanks
Been playing around with this issue all morning, as it was bugging me.
Finally I decided to uninstall the software and reinstall the version presently distributed via Bing (Not via Windows update)
These are different versions, the one on Bing being the previous release, which did not have the issue, all is now back to normal.