Hi,
I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.
Regards
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU.
I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.
Regards
Rather than a full uninstall/reinstall/reconfig trip, I just stopped the Bing Desktop app, and deleted :
Kept only 2 files : "settings.ini" and "user-id.config"
Then reran Bing Desktop ... and now seems to be OK, it does not eat all CPU again.
Hope this helps ...
Hi I've got the same issue as Anil Kumar B with BingDesktop.exe, it takes over 40% of CPU usage for 2 or 3 days now. I'm running Win8 on a i7 2677M with 4Gb of memory. And the Bing Wallpaper doesn't reffresh any more !Got the 3th of march wallpaper. Didn't install anything for few days.
I think this is not an web browser problem as you suggest it but a Bing Desktop application problem.
Could you please help us !
Thanks.
Regards.
Thanks for your reply.
I have several web browsers installed. IE9 is primary. Others are Opera, Chrome, Safari and FF.
But I don't understand your question.
My question was about "BING Desktop", the installed software that changes the wallpaper of my system to the daily picture on BING.
I do not see any sense in using safe mode.
In safe mode the resolution is low and BING wallpaper makes no sense.
I do not see the reason for method 1. This is not a browser related problem. Anything else I do with IE9 runs just fine.
I have checked my Computer with several security/adware/malware scanners, including a boot from a AN rescue CD - nothing found.
I have used process explorer from Sysinternals to find the processes that peak.
bingdesktop.exe eats up 25% constantly.
The process properties reveal the one thread is responsible for the CPU load.
ntdll.dll!TpCallbackIndependent+0x238
Regards
Mano
Hi,
I appreciate if you could help me with more information.
-Which web browser are you using on the computer?
This issue may occur due to installed add-ons in the browser may also cause due to virus infection.
Initially you can check the issue persists in safe mode with networking.
Note: When at the advanced boot options select Safe mode with networking. If the issue is specific to normal boot then try these steps.
Try these steps if you are using Internet Explorer as web browser. I would suggest you to open Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode and check.
Method 1:
You may use the Internet Explorer in No Add-ons mode and check if the issue persists.
To run in No Add-ons mode –
a) Click Start, and then type Internet Explorer in the start Search box.
b) Click Internet Explorer (No Add-On). Internet Explorer opens without add-ons, toolbars, or plug-ins.
c) Test Internet Explorer to verify that it works correctly.
If you do not face the issue in No add-on mode then refer to link for determining which add-on is causing the issue–
http://Windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Internet-Explorer-add-ons-frequently-asked-questions
Method 2:
I would suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, which would help us to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.
If you are facing this issue on third-party web browser, I would recommend you to post the query in Bing forums for better assistance.
http://www.bing.com/community/f/
You could also use resource monitor to check which program is causing high CPU activity or if there is any conflict with another program.
Resource Monitor is a tool that you can use to monitor the usage of CPU, hard disk, network, and memory in real time.
You can use the Performance tab in Task Manager to see how your computer's CPU is being used by Windows and other programs running on your computer.
Refer:
View CPU utilization and other performance information
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/View-CPU-utilization-and-other-performance-information
Let me know the status.