How can i write with a stylus on a pdf file with surface rt?

Anonymous
2013-02-05T10:41:55+00:00

Hi I'm a college student and I am just wondering if I could write on my pdf lecture notes or do I have to send it to OneNote first?

Thanks guys. ��

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-03-08T08:12:45+00:00

Print the document to OneNote,

use the stylus for comments

print the document as PDF

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-12-19T11:27:58+00:00

This response is mystifying.  The student wants to write on a PDF but he cannot do it.  Responding with the question "Which app are you using to write on PDF files" totally begs the question.  The student clearly says he cannot write on the files.  Ergo, he is not using any app and is not currently writing on PDFs.  Your response should have been either "sorry, you cannot perform this function" or "You can perform this function by using a third-party app such as [identify apps]. 

I have the same issue.  I am an attorney.  I want to make handwritten notes on PDF files using my Surface Pro 3.  The OneNote program is buggy and I cannot write on PDFs using that program. 

On my iPad, I use NotesPlus and it works fine.  But I don't want to use the ipad -- I want to use my Surface Pro 3.  

Just answer the question directly -- tell us in simple English whether you can make hand-written notes on the Surface Pro and if yes, explain how we do it.  Do not simply use one of the canned answers that MS provides.  Type up an answer that directly relates to the question and provides a clear answer.  Thank you.

I manage to sign / make notes from Surface 3 Pro on PDF documents. I manage this by opening PDF with Reader application, which I understand is part of Windows 10 package.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-08T11:36:40+00:00

    Print the document to OneNote,

    use the stylus for comments

    print the document as PDF

    Thank you, Imad Sabonji.  This worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2017-03-25T19:18:21+00:00

    Hi Kennedy

    I tend to edit and hand-markup a lot of technical documents and drawings which come to me in PDF form.  And I need to retain them in PDF format, so using this OneNote workaround doesn't cut it.

    Here's what's worked for me and not

    1. acrobat pro - (advantages) none (disadvantages) didnt do what i want, editing my mistakes is difficult
    2. foxit pro mobile - (advantages) generally does what i need, easy to use, cheap, allows multiple pen colours and thicknesses (disadvantages) as i draw molecules and reactions diagrams, i often change my mind, and making edits is difficult.
    3. drawboard pdf (advantages) cheap $10 bucks, can easily annotate drawings, quickly scribble down my thoughts, loads quickly, multiple pens and colours and thicknesses (disadvantages) need to "flatten" the file before others can see my edits, but once you've flattened your scribbles have become a permanent part of the document never to be undone ever again, zoom is clumsy and frustrating. Not designed for Type A's like me.
    4. PDF Annotator (advantages) feels natural and can easily scribble up my markups, editing my mistakes without wrecking the other parts of the molecule is pretty easy, multiple pens and colours, handy full screen mode gets rid of clutter and you can focus on your page, my markups are instantly visible to others upon save yet can be edited discretely [and discreetly too i guess] later  (disadvantages) expensive $130 bucks, very slow to load (>15 sec), on large documents (say >50 pages) hard to go quickly among different parts of the document.

    I find when i am reading and marking up peer-reviewed technical documents (and so all i am doing is highlighting), i tend to use drawboard.

    But when I have heavy editing and drawing and scribbling, then I use PDF Annotator.

    Hope that helps.  Any other PDF editors you know of, I'd be interested in finding out about and trying.

    Java.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments