Print the document to OneNote,
use the stylus for comments
print the document as PDF
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi I'm a college student and I am just wondering if I could write on my pdf lecture notes or do I have to send it to OneNote first?
Thanks guys. ��
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Print the document to OneNote,
use the stylus for comments
print the document as PDF
This response is mystifying. The student wants to write on a PDF but he cannot do it. Responding with the question "Which app are you using to write on PDF files" totally begs the question. The student clearly says he cannot write on the files. Ergo, he is not using any app and is not currently writing on PDFs. Your response should have been either "sorry, you cannot perform this function" or "You can perform this function by using a third-party app such as [identify apps].
I have the same issue. I am an attorney. I want to make handwritten notes on PDF files using my Surface Pro 3. The OneNote program is buggy and I cannot write on PDFs using that program.
On my iPad, I use NotesPlus and it works fine. But I don't want to use the ipad -- I want to use my Surface Pro 3.
Just answer the question directly -- tell us in simple English whether you can make hand-written notes on the Surface Pro and if yes, explain how we do it. Do not simply use one of the canned answers that MS provides. Type up an answer that directly relates to the question and provides a clear answer. Thank you.
I manage to sign / make notes from Surface 3 Pro on PDF documents. I manage this by opening PDF with Reader application, which I understand is part of Windows 10 package.
If the PDF was like a Word document, I often bring into Office 2013 Word and go to pen mode and write. But if a slide deck, Powerpoint can't really bring it in, so I use Windows Reader. OneNote 2013 totally destroys the look so I can't use that. I found DrawBoard and FoxIt not so easy to pick up my handwriting.
I have a Surface Pro 3 as I am a mortgage broker. I use Adobe and have editable pdf's but I cannot get it to allow my clients or myself to sign the application (pdf) using my stylus. How do I do it?
you can purchase pdf annotator from grahl. it works very well for this purpose.