How can i write with a stylus on a pdf file with surface rt?

Anonymous
2013-02-05T10:41:55+00:00

Hi I'm a college student and I am just wondering if I could write on my pdf lecture notes or do I have to send it to OneNote first?

Thanks guys. ��

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-03-08T08:12:45+00:00

Print the document to OneNote,

use the stylus for comments

print the document as PDF

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-12-19T11:27:58+00:00

This response is mystifying.  The student wants to write on a PDF but he cannot do it.  Responding with the question "Which app are you using to write on PDF files" totally begs the question.  The student clearly says he cannot write on the files.  Ergo, he is not using any app and is not currently writing on PDFs.  Your response should have been either "sorry, you cannot perform this function" or "You can perform this function by using a third-party app such as [identify apps]. 

I have the same issue.  I am an attorney.  I want to make handwritten notes on PDF files using my Surface Pro 3.  The OneNote program is buggy and I cannot write on PDFs using that program. 

On my iPad, I use NotesPlus and it works fine.  But I don't want to use the ipad -- I want to use my Surface Pro 3.  

Just answer the question directly -- tell us in simple English whether you can make hand-written notes on the Surface Pro and if yes, explain how we do it.  Do not simply use one of the canned answers that MS provides.  Type up an answer that directly relates to the question and provides a clear answer.  Thank you.

I manage to sign / make notes from Surface 3 Pro on PDF documents. I manage this by opening PDF with Reader application, which I understand is part of Windows 10 package.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-09T23:18:06+00:00

    Hi I'm a college student and I am just wondering if I could write on my pdf lecture notes or do I have to send it to OneNote first?

    Thanks guys. ��

    Hi,

    Open the PDF using the "Reader" app that comes with Surface.  To do that, right click on the PDF, select "Open With" and then select "Reader".  The icon for Reader looks like a book with the pages flipping.

    Once you open the document with Reader you should be able to take notes on it with the stylus.  To save the notes, right click in reader and it should give you save options, export options, etc. 

    I'm no computer expert, but this worked for me so I thought I'd share. 

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-10T19:48:54+00:00

    Hi I'm a college student and I am just wondering if I could write on my pdf lecture notes or do I have to send it to OneNote first?

    Thanks guys. ��

    Hi,

    Open the PDF using the "Reader" app that comes with Surface.  To do that, right click on the PDF, select "Open With" and then select "Reader".  The icon for Reader looks like a book with the pages flipping.

    Once you open the document with Reader you should be able to take notes on it with the stylus.  To save the notes, right click in reader and it should give you save options, export options, etc. 

    I'm no computer expert, but this worked for me so I thought I'd share. 

    Good luck!

    Thanks for this. I couldn't find the "Reader" app on my Surface 3, but I this comment sent me searching. I did find the "Drawboard PDF for Surface" app that allowed memo to write on my PDF. Like others, this is one of the main reasons I chose to purchase the Surface 3 over other tablets.  Very thankful to have this solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-24T05:38:00+00:00

    I like the Reader app, accept it's hard to undo and you can only write in black.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments