Print the document to OneNote,
use the stylus for comments
print the document as PDF
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi I'm a college student and I am just wondering if I could write on my pdf lecture notes or do I have to send it to OneNote first?
Thanks guys. ��
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Print the document to OneNote,
use the stylus for comments
print the document as PDF
This response is mystifying. The student wants to write on a PDF but he cannot do it. Responding with the question "Which app are you using to write on PDF files" totally begs the question. The student clearly says he cannot write on the files. Ergo, he is not using any app and is not currently writing on PDFs. Your response should have been either "sorry, you cannot perform this function" or "You can perform this function by using a third-party app such as [identify apps].
I have the same issue. I am an attorney. I want to make handwritten notes on PDF files using my Surface Pro 3. The OneNote program is buggy and I cannot write on PDFs using that program.
On my iPad, I use NotesPlus and it works fine. But I don't want to use the ipad -- I want to use my Surface Pro 3.
Just answer the question directly -- tell us in simple English whether you can make hand-written notes on the Surface Pro and if yes, explain how we do it. Do not simply use one of the canned answers that MS provides. Type up an answer that directly relates to the question and provides a clear answer. Thank you.
I manage to sign / make notes from Surface 3 Pro on PDF documents. I manage this by opening PDF with Reader application, which I understand is part of Windows 10 package.
Just open the PDF file with "Microsoft Edge" and use "pen" icon on top right the page.
Write everything and "save" or "save as" it.
For "words" file should save it as PDF first and do as above.
It would be a killer device if it was simple to write on pdfs. I work in an industry that would buy the surface pro by the truck loads if it could do such a simple task easily and without complication. Hello, Microsoft...are you listening?
I just figured out that Microsoft Edge (the browser) solves this problem beautifully. Right click on your PDF file, select Open With->Microsoft Edge. In the toolbar in Edge, there is a button with a Pen on it. Click on that and it will enable writing/note taking on the PDF. You can then save or print the PDF with your notes.