How can i write with a stylus on a pdf file with surface rt?

Anonymous
2013-02-05T10:41:55+00:00

Hi I'm a college student and I am just wondering if I could write on my pdf lecture notes or do I have to send it to OneNote first?

Thanks guys. ��

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-03-08T08:12:45+00:00

Print the document to OneNote,

use the stylus for comments

print the document as PDF

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-12-19T11:27:58+00:00

This response is mystifying.  The student wants to write on a PDF but he cannot do it.  Responding with the question "Which app are you using to write on PDF files" totally begs the question.  The student clearly says he cannot write on the files.  Ergo, he is not using any app and is not currently writing on PDFs.  Your response should have been either "sorry, you cannot perform this function" or "You can perform this function by using a third-party app such as [identify apps]. 

I have the same issue.  I am an attorney.  I want to make handwritten notes on PDF files using my Surface Pro 3.  The OneNote program is buggy and I cannot write on PDFs using that program. 

On my iPad, I use NotesPlus and it works fine.  But I don't want to use the ipad -- I want to use my Surface Pro 3.  

Just answer the question directly -- tell us in simple English whether you can make hand-written notes on the Surface Pro and if yes, explain how we do it.  Do not simply use one of the canned answers that MS provides.  Type up an answer that directly relates to the question and provides a clear answer.  Thank you.

I manage to sign / make notes from Surface 3 Pro on PDF documents. I manage this by opening PDF with Reader application, which I understand is part of Windows 10 package.

Was this answer helpful?

70+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-17T17:10:17+00:00

    The Reader app is dead, unfortunately. Opening the PDF in OneNote is the only Microsoft option left. Not sure why they discontinued Reader. The option for writing in Edge is not really an option. It takes a snapshot of the page but is not your handwritten notes inside the pdf file. (It sucks)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-29T23:36:04+00:00

    I'm in college too and the "Drawboard" app is the best way to take notes, it works on PPT's and books, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-03T05:52:11+00:00

    Again, that has nothing to do with Windows RT ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments