disappearing pointer with windows 8 touch screen laptop

Anonymous
2012-12-16T17:25:30+00:00

I just got an ACER v5-571 touch screen laptop.  I have no mouse and use mouse pad to move the pointer.  It worked great until today.  The pointer is no longer visible.  I set to use the ctl key to see where the pointer is.  It shows me where the pointer is located by a big circle.  I tried to change some mouse settings.  The pointer is still not visible.  Any suggestion?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-02T18:34:00+00:00

I solved the mystery of disappearing pointer.  Suddenly remembered a few days before the disappearing of pointers, I was planning to show a movie via the hmdi port.  In the dark I played with some of the function keys.  Apparently I pressed the "hide the pointer" key (fn F7), next to the "two screens" key (fn + F6).   After press "fn" + F7 again.  The pointer returned.  No wonder all other suggestions failed to work.  I don't know if this info will help you, just to share.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-09T16:09:01+00:00

    @ Cyndie

    Looks like you stopped reading on page 1.  Keep reading.  Otherwise please start your own thread with your own details.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-15T13:37:09+00:00

    I had the same problem for a couple of days. Basically your "touch pad is on" press fn + I believe it was f1, f6 or f7. Or you can just go through the numbers until it appears but keep holding on to fn. 

    It finally worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-05T07:09:44+00:00

    Thanks LD_AR. Itwworked for me as well.big ups.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-07T13:38:09+00:00

    I have found that if my nextbook gets bumped I will lose my mouse, so I just tap the back of it and it will return. There is no need to slam on the back of it, just a tap. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments