disappearing pointer with windows 8 touch screen laptop

Anonymous
2012-12-16T17:25:30+00:00

I just got an ACER v5-571 touch screen laptop.  I have no mouse and use mouse pad to move the pointer.  It worked great until today.  The pointer is no longer visible.  I set to use the ctl key to see where the pointer is.  It shows me where the pointer is located by a big circle.  I tried to change some mouse settings.  The pointer is still not visible.  Any suggestion?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-02T18:34:00+00:00

I solved the mystery of disappearing pointer.  Suddenly remembered a few days before the disappearing of pointers, I was planning to show a movie via the hmdi port.  In the dark I played with some of the function keys.  Apparently I pressed the "hide the pointer" key (fn F7), next to the "two screens" key (fn + F6).   After press "fn" + F7 again.  The pointer returned.  No wonder all other suggestions failed to work.  I don't know if this info will help you, just to share.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-12T00:06:01+00:00

    Thank you so much! You are the greatest!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-31T21:34:49+00:00

    I tried this too, but it did NOT help my computer at all. All it does for my laptop is make the screen go black and then display again. I have an Asus Windows 8 computer with a touchscreen AND mouse-pad. I can't find my cursor still.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-28T16:41:33+00:00

    I just got a Toshiba lap top/touch screen (windows 8.1) a couple days ago and it did the same thing to me!  Your trick worked for me as well! Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-26T00:25:46+00:00

    Thank you! Your answer easily solved my frustration!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments