disappearing pointer with windows 8 touch screen laptop

Anonymous
2012-12-16T17:25:30+00:00

I just got an ACER v5-571 touch screen laptop.  I have no mouse and use mouse pad to move the pointer.  It worked great until today.  The pointer is no longer visible.  I set to use the ctl key to see where the pointer is.  It shows me where the pointer is located by a big circle.  I tried to change some mouse settings.  The pointer is still not visible.  Any suggestion?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-02T18:34:00+00:00

I solved the mystery of disappearing pointer.  Suddenly remembered a few days before the disappearing of pointers, I was planning to show a movie via the hmdi port.  In the dark I played with some of the function keys.  Apparently I pressed the "hide the pointer" key (fn F7), next to the "two screens" key (fn + F6).   After press "fn" + F7 again.  The pointer returned.  No wonder all other suggestions failed to work.  I don't know if this info will help you, just to share.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-28T16:55:39+00:00

    I got the exact same Notebook with the exact same issue, did you fix the mouse problem or did you return you Ace V5 571 notebook.

    I call Microsoft and they think or make it sound like I bumped some buttons or I am blind, a tech did adjust the ctrl to put circles around the mouse when I need it, but that did not fix it, I just get to see where it is "invisible" and "stuck". Really wishing I kept my Win7 Samsung Notebook, I returned it to buy a Win8 Acer V5 Notebook.

    Even right now my mouse won't work, and the mouse is supposed to disappear when watching a movie, so that's not the problem.

    Plz post back if you fixed your mouse issues.

    Person,  with the exact same annoying issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-02T04:07:05+00:00

    Thanks for the answer! Function F7 did it! I must have accidentally shut it off while fumbling in the dark for the "turn keyboard light on" function.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-23T18:16:44+00:00

    Thanks! I tried this a few times before searching online and it didn't work. i restarted and did the FN F7 and it worked great. I knew it was the problem but I guess it just took a few tries to make the mouse come back.

    I solved the mystery of disappearing pointer.  Suddenly remembered a few days before the disappearing of pointers, I was planning to show a movie via the hmdi port.  In the dark I played with some of the function keys.  Apparently I pressed the "hide the pointer" key (fn F7), next to the "two screens" key (fn + F6).   After press "fn" + F7 again.  The pointer returned.  No wonder all other suggestions failed to work.  I don't know if this info will help you, just to share.

     

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-08T16:59:20+00:00

    I have the same problem, but Fn F7 does nothing. I have restarted mulitiple times without success. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments