I solved the mystery of disappearing pointer. Suddenly remembered a few days before the disappearing of pointers, I was planning to show a movie via the hmdi port. In the dark I played with some of the function keys. Apparently I pressed the "hide the pointer" key (fn F7), next to the "two screens" key (fn + F6). After press "fn" + F7 again. The pointer returned. No wonder all other suggestions failed to work. I don't know if this info will help you, just to share.
disappearing pointer with windows 8 touch screen laptop
I just got an ACER v5-571 touch screen laptop. I have no mouse and use mouse pad to move the pointer. It worked great until today. The pointer is no longer visible. I set to use the ctl key to see where the pointer is. It shows me where the pointer is located by a big circle. I tried to change some mouse settings. The pointer is still not visible. Any suggestion?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-05-28T09:51:33+00:00 Yeah........That 's the easy way to get back my pointer. I was confused oneday to search the way to find back the pointer. At last i fought this solution at net and I try . Then after I get back my pointer now. Thank you.
-
Anonymous
2014-04-17T21:12:50+00:00 Thank you so much for taking the time to answer this! Just got my mouse back!
-
Anonymous
2014-02-20T23:40:49+00:00 Hi Can you tell me if I press the fn and then the f7 or do I press them simultaneously. The disappearing mouse function is very frustrating. It seems to come and go. Thank you for any help
-
Anonymous
2013-10-22T10:01:21+00:00 Thank you for the solution. You are exactly right. I had also been experimenting with all the F keys in the dark and pressed fn + F7 making the pointer invisible. Pressing the same keys again makes the pointer visible. Thanks to all forum users and contributors.