I solved the mystery of disappearing pointer. Suddenly remembered a few days before the disappearing of pointers, I was planning to show a movie via the hmdi port. In the dark I played with some of the function keys. Apparently I pressed the "hide the pointer" key (fn F7), next to the "two screens" key (fn + F6). After press "fn" + F7 again. The pointer returned. No wonder all other suggestions failed to work. I don't know if this info will help you, just to share.
disappearing pointer with windows 8 touch screen laptop
I just got an ACER v5-571 touch screen laptop. I have no mouse and use mouse pad to move the pointer. It worked great until today. The pointer is no longer visible. I set to use the ctl key to see where the pointer is. It shows me where the pointer is located by a big circle. I tried to change some mouse settings. The pointer is still not visible. Any suggestion?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-08-12T02:14:55+00:00 Fn and F7 brought my pointer back. Thank you so much as I really dislike using a mouse. Cassandra
-
Anonymous
2016-07-06T17:16:01+00:00 Thanks a ton! Was struggling with the disappearing cursor, your suggestion really helped!
-
Anonymous
2016-02-09T19:49:57+00:00 Windows 8 on ASUS touch screen.
Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Mouse
Pointers: Select 'enable pointer shadow'
Pointer Options-Visibility: Select 'Display pointer trails' and drag the arrow to the middle of the 'Short-Long' bar.
-
Anonymous
2016-02-07T13:45:31+00:00 I have a Nextbook that is also windows 8 with a touch screen and I started having the same issue. I have even refreshed my laptop with no luck. Turns out, I noticed my puppy was bumping the screen when she was trying to get on my lap and that was causing the mouse to disappear. So I just tried tapping the back on the screen and my mouse came back.
Every time I lose my mouse I try tapping the back of the screen and I have been getting the mouse back without fail. There is no need to slam on the back of the screen, a tap will do.
Hope this is helpful