Windows 8 - Zero key on numeric key pad doesn't work

Anonymous
2013-06-13T03:04:33+00:00

I have Windows 8 on a Samsung laptop.

When NUMLOCK is on, all numbers work EXCEPT the zero (0) key. 

When pressed, it opens the small 'undo' menu in the top left corner of the screen.  It is as though the Function-0 key is stuck.

Any ideas to fix would be appreciated.

Jan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-21T16:58:58+00:00

My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key.  I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.

I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-02T20:26:09+00:00

    I am having the same problem every since I bought the Samsung. I finally found your sight and it worked for me also. Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy. BTW the FN Lock is above the + sign by the back space key not the + sign on the keypad. Took me a minute to figure that out.

    Thank you again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-05T01:22:00+00:00

    Anything useful in these?

    Disable edge swipe on Synaptics, ALPS, Lenovo UltraNav, ELAN, ASUS Smart Gesture

    http://tipsandtricksforumoptions.com/thread-159.html

    Mouse and keyboard: What's new in Windows

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/mouse-keyboard-whats-new

    Touch: Swipe, tap, and beyond

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/touch-swipe-tap-beyond

    when i went to the first webpage i could not find the edge swipe in the mouse options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-05T01:23:50+00:00

    I am having the same problem every since I bought the Samsung. I finally found your sight and it worked for me also. Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy. BTW the FN Lock is above the + sign by the back space key not the + sign on the keypad. Took me a minute to figure that out.

    Thank you again!

    Thanks for pointing this out, i was hitting the function button next to the control button not the function lock button by the plus sign, thanks for pointing this out it has solved the issues with my 0 button on my 10 key pad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-11T23:48:17+00:00

    OMG it works I have had this laptop for ages thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments